cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Error Message in BPM Alert?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I designed a BPM with a transformation step and a send step. For each step I have an exception branch where I want to trigger an alert, when something goes wrong.

I already configured in TC ALRTCATDEF an alert category (Dynamic Text activated). And I made an container operatinon with folloing control step, where I for example report the message ID.

But, going through the blogs and threads I didn't find the information, how I can report the exact error message, the error category (and in case of the send step the adapter and the adapter error text) to the alert. How can I get this data to put it into a container variable?

Can anybody give me some information about that?

Thanks in advance

Dominic

System: PI 7.0 SP15

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the below information for raising an Alert for adapters.

Specific Error Information from the Adapter Engine:

Container Element

ABAP Dictionary Data Type

Meaning

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE

CHAR70

Adapter type

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT

CHAR70

Error text from the Adapter Engine

Refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Farooq,

this helps me for technical errors in the send step.

Can anybody give me some input, how to get the exact error message in case of a mapping error?

Thanks in advance

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Can anybody give me some input, how to get the exact error message in case of a mapping error?

In the Alert Configuration you can define many rules for Mapping Error too. Have a look on Alert Configuration in RWB.

Right now I am not able to access Alert Configuration page from my machine else I will tell you the steps too. But it is easy, just check it and see when you select Error type Mapping then how many categories are there.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farooq, I don't want to define any rules in RWB alert configuration.

The alerts will be triggered from the BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there can be any solution for it. Even from BPM you can only send hard code Text in the Alert Message. If you add container variables then it will be memory consuming and gives performance issues.

What sort of Error you want to throw from BPM? If it is mapping error then its is not that you can send Alert from IP with detailed description.

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I designed a BPM with a transformation step and a send step. For each step I have an exception branch where I want to trigger an alert.

Better to do Transformation outside the BPM ( if you are not doing splitting or merging). In this case you can use the advantages of Alert Configuration and it will make the process more efficient.

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but this is not an option...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominic

Have you had any success retrieving this information and sending with BPM. I have the same issue and am looking for some help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic Ludolph,

i think you can report the exact error category (error id) in ALERTS (ALRTCATDEF)..

And you should defintly handle this interface through the mix of BPM and ALERTS....

In the below mentioned links you can get a step by step handling of your problem

BPM:

ALERTS

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards

Sai

Reward with points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your reply, but it doesn't seem to answer my question. Here again my scenario: I defined in TC ALRTCATDEF my own alert category with dynamic text activated. I want to send the alert message from inside the BPM. Therefore I have to make a container operation, where I can save for example a message ID in a variable and place it into the alert message. this works fine.

My question now is: when there is for example a mapping error, how exactly can I get the error message into the alert message? Or if there is an error in a send step, how exactly can I get the adapter and the adapter error message into the alert message?

As far as I know I cannot use the container object which can be maintained in the TC ALRTCATDEF, e.g. I cannot use SXMS_ERROR_CODE inside the BPM. (Am I correct?). Therefore I need the information how I can get e.g. the error code in the BPM alert.

Maybe somebody can give me input about that.

Thanks in advance

Dominic