cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with first Sync (no ID)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a problem with the first synchronization between client and server. The trace and output shows no errors but we don't get an id for the device.

We use MI 2.5 SP09 on client and server and the sync servlet ist runnig.

If we try to synchronize for the first time we get the following output on the client:

Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://<server>:<port>/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=<sysid>&;

• Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• Received empty inbound container file for user (SHARED)

• Received empty inbound container file for user XXX

I also tried to sync with client version 2.5 SP 13 but I got the same output.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for these Information's! I will assign you some points.

@wael aoudi

We have 4.7 as backend and WAS 640 as middleware with ABAP 620 and J2EE 640.

>so Im not sure what you mean that your 4.7 system will not work with ABAP 640

I read that ABAP 640 won't work with 4.7. Maybe that's a wrong information.

@Frank

>We are running a WAS 640 MI Server and lower backends(WAS 6.20 with R/3 4.7) without having any problems.

You are running 2 application server?

Our system Landscape is as follows:

4.7 backend <-> WAS 640 (ABAP Stack 620 & J2EE Stack 640) middleware <-> MI 2.5 client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I'm almost sure you can't upgrade a WAS 6.20 to a WAS 6.40 system for a java stack not sure if you can with ABAP. so you will need to re-install your MI server to a WAS 640 ABAP with a Java Addon, and I'm positive 100 percent you will have no problem connecting to your 4.7 system.

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

MI Server is a own server(we installed it on a portal server with J2EE+ABAP Stack). It is independent from the backend server,cause you use RFC for the communication to 4.7 backends.But as wael mentionend you need WAS 6.40 ABAP + J2EE to run MI25.You have the problem that the installation sequence is ABAP->J2EE. So you maybe have to reinstall the server or set up a new MI Server with WAS 640 ABAP+Java. The communication to lower backends is no problem.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Edgar,

i believe you can upgrade your WAS from 620 to 640.

first upgrade your WAS 620 to the desired patch level.

Patch it up for WAS 640 SP2.

Upgrade WAS 640 from sp2 to SP14.

This is a painfully long process. If your Web AS is in the training/education line, then i would suggest you to put a fresh pack of WAS640 right away.

Otherwise, upgrade as i said.

Note a few things. When you upgrade from 620 to 640, you may encounter some problems. Refer SAP Notes 705724 & 705733. Things are well explained there. and its important for people using Mobile Engine (MI) viz. us.

If you encounter anyother error, go for a OSS Note Search. all issues are addressed there in the notes.

hope this was useful.

Regards,

Ak.

Message was edited by: Arun Kumar Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar,

Sometimes you get empty inbound containers error if you don't give proper Authorization objects to the user roles.

You will find these objects in your installation guide (configuration guide for MI2.5)

Regards,

Ak

Message was edited by: Arun Kumar Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edgar,

here are some links you might find useful if you are going in for the UPGRADE of 620 --> 640.

Regards,

ak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

many thanks for your responses!

I found out that we have Web AS J2EE Stack Version 6.40 SP09 but the ABAP Stack is still at Version 6.20. So that should be the reason why we get only empty inbound containers, right?

I asked our System Administrator to upgrade the ABAP Stack to Version 6.40 SP09 but he failed to do so. In addition he said that if we upgrade to 6.40 we might have problems to connect to our Backend release 4.7. It might be the wrong forum for this question but can anybody confirm that it's not possible to upgrade to ABAP Stack 6.40 SP09 due incompatibilitys with our backend SAP release? I'm just wondering that the J2EE Stack is working fine at 6.40 SP09 but upgrading the ABAP Stack to the same version shall not be possible.

So what do you think? Should we downgrade the J2EE Stack to 6.20 or is our Administrator wrong and we should upgrade the ABAP Stack to 6.40 SP09.

EDIT:

I searched a bit through the documentations and forums and i guess our admin is right;-) R/3 4.7 is not working with ABAP Stack 6.40. I read also that ABAP 6.20 should work fine with J2EE 6.40 So i'm wondering that MI should not work together with ABAP 6.20 und J2EE 6.40?! So, what to do? Downgrading J2EE Stack to 6.20 (if possible) or does our problem with the synchronization lie somewhere else?

Message was edited by: Edgar Werle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

Are you really running a ERP on your MI-Server or did you only connect to the backend systems?

If you only connect backends via RFC you can run 640 Middleware and lower backend without a problem. For some mobil solutions like MAM25 you only need PlugIn PI2004.1 on 4.7 Backend systems. The ABAP upgrade should not be eay now(perhaps impossible). From portal development i know that if you patch your Portal in an ABAP+JAVA system, the sequence should be ABAP->J2EE. I think for MI-Server it should be the same(but i'm not sure).So perhaps the best solution is to install a new 640 MI Server in this case.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi edgar,

To enable MI to work you will need one server with both ABAP+J2EE installed on it. First you install the ABAP then you install the J2EE add-on.

Both need to be WAS 6.40.

Hope this helps,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

we connect to the backend via RFC.

The problem is that R/3 4.7 won't work with the ABAP Stack 6.40 but we need ABAP Stack 6.40 in order to get MI 2.5 work. Correct me if i'm wrong!

Hi wael aoudi,

J2EE Stack 6.40 and ABAP Stack 6.20 are already installed and the synchronization with ME 2.1 is working so far. But synchronization with MI 2.5 won't work.

So I guess the problem is caused by version incompatibilities.

I see 2 options now:

Upgrading the backend SAP system to get ABAP Stack 6.40 work or use ME 2.1.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your help anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I meant you need was 640 for abap and java, but you say you are aware of that for MI 2.5.

I used WAS 640 with ABAP+J2EE and a 4.7 system for a backend for 9 months as My MI Landscape. so Im not sure what you mean that your 4.7 system will not work with ABAP 640.

Do you mean you dont have a backend system and using the 4.7 system to represnt your MI server? If so then your only solution is either a new server added to your landscape to be your backend or your MI server.

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edgar,

you can connect from 6.40 ABAP-Stack to lower backends via RFC without any problems. We are running a WAS 640 MI Server and lower backends(WAS 6.20 with R/3 4.7) without having any problems.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Edgar,

Please make sure your user on the client also exists on the middleware with the matching synchronization password.

Secondly try testing synchronization with the following URL (this should tell you if your syncservlet is configured properly). Just place it in your browser that is on the same network as the MI Server.

<b>Http://<server>:<port>/meSync/servlet/?sysid=<system ID>&login=<user name>&password=<Password>>&client=<client>&language=<language>&acknowledge=X&~test=true&</b>

"If the test was successful the browser displays a message containing a time that,for example, looks like:

&<b>WAF_SYNC&STATUS=&Execution Time =103129& HeaderType = MEREPLICATION &MORE_PACKAGES_WAITING = &</b>"

Hope this helps,

Wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U need to use WAS ver6.40 sp13. If u have WAS 6.40 sp09 u need upgrage ur was to sp 13 for both both ABAP and J2EE stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Are you having ABAP stack 6.20 for your MI server? If so, you will always get empty inbound containers as MI 2.5 with any SP is incompatible with ABAP 6.20.

Solution: Either use ABAP stack 6.40 for your MI server or switch ME 2.1.

All the best!

Regards,

Rahul

If this helps, pls do assign me some points.