cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delivery note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

can anybody explain me the difference between delivery note and shipping notification in simple language. i know the output types r LD00 and ASNO.But when r theses outputs sent to the customer,r they sent at the same time after the delivery doc is created or when??

thanx,

smita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The ideal point at which these triggered are at the time of post goods issues. The deivery note goes along with the goods, where in the ASN should go as an ALE/Idoc. That means the customer is informed about dispatch as soon as his material are leaving the warehouse that is just after the PGI is carried out in SAP system.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Chakradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delivery Note:

A document issued by the supplier that lists detailed information about the articles sent.It is normally sent with the goods and, when signed by the receiver, provides proof of delivery.

Shipping Notification:

Notification by the vendor to the recipient regarding the pending arrival of goods shipped or about to be shipped. The shipping notification contains the anticipated delivery date, quantities, and details of the materials (or services). A shipping notification can be sent in the form of an EDI message, by fax, or via other media. An incoming shipping notification is stored in the R/3 System as an inbound delivery document. An outgoing shipping notification can be generated on the basis of an outbound delivery.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayub,

Thnx for ur explanation but i would like to know that in SAP when r delivery note and shipping notification sent to customers ( for example ORDER CONFIRMATION(BA00) sent after the sales order is created).My queston is in case of Del Note and Shipping Notification when r theses docs created and sent ??is it aftr the creation of the delivery doc(VLO1N)

plz reply

will surely award pts

regds,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

When you press the 'post goods issue' button in VL02N, then corresponding ASN(Shipping notic.) and Delivery note output types will be triggered.

Regards,