cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI in CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario, where I have to pull the Data from CRM and expose it thru a Laptop/Handheld device using MI.

Please advice me which Mobile technology should I opt for....its either MI or Mobile Client Technology.

If it is MI, how do i pull data from CRM to MI...please brief me in detail.

Regards / Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_henke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you going to use MI 2.5 or the new Netweaver Mobile 7.1? There would be some differences in the appraoach depending on our choice. But in general, you would create your data model specifically for your mobile application in the mobile middleware and connect your data model to the backend system through RFC calls. For this, you had to provide BAPI wrappers in the backend that exposes the data you require in your mobile application.

Please come back to me if you have additional more specific questions.

regards,

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We have installed MI 7.0, now we like to know the following:

1. Post-Installation Steps.

2. Connecting CRM with MI (Hope it is thru RFC, pls confirm it)

3. How to create data objects - Any documents availbale for it.

4. How to design the UI, to view in Mobile Client in a Laptop.

5. How to deploy applications in MI.

Regards / Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best solution for this: have a lok into the MDK. There is explained how to get data from any backend to a mobile device and how to display it. After you read this you should be able to develop your own app for connecting MI to CRM.

But this is a lot of work to do so perhas it is much cheaper to have a look into the standard mobile apps SAp delivers for CRM.

CRM Mobile Sales for HH

CRM Service

Perhaps one of these two apps is good for your needs and so you can safe a lot of time. As well, this app wil give you the ability to enhance it to your needs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your immediate posting....

Can these standard mobile applications can be deployed in MI.... Then what is the use of Mobile client Technology (using communication Station).

Also tell me where can I get these business solutions and how to deploy them.

Regards / Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, perhas a thing first....

Mi is a framework. It gives you the ability to handle SAp data on the client. But out of the box it is stupid. It has no glue what data you have in the backend and how it has to handle data.

The business Applications like CRM Mobile Sales for HH is running on top if MI. So first you install MI - then you deploy this App and this takes care about the data handling and your business logic.

So, yes, you can deploy this app on top of MI - and you need to deploy it on top of MI, otherwise you can not sue it.

You can buy it from SAP - like you did with MI. Ask your SAP sales person about it, he will tell you what is available, what it can do and how uch it will cost you.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Oliver