cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA on ECC 5.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to make WDA applications on ECC 5.0?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I have gone thru note 774655, 751611and found that even if we have ECC 5.0 and WebAs 6.40 we are not able to use WDA.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have worked on Web Dynpro in 6.40 long back.

Now SAP is not supporting it, coz some bugs were reported.( sorry i was not knowing this )

Still there are fixes available for this, see the link below

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/corr_instr/correction_instructions.htm?...

However, Web Dynpro is there from 6.40 onwards

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/25e3d090-0201-0010-0785-b5bf5462...

Abhi

Edited by: Abhimanyu Lagishetti on Jul 31, 2008 10:25 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>However, Web Dynpro is there from 6.40 onwards

I'm sorry, but the information provided by Abhimanyu Lagishetti is incorrect. The document linked to is is quite old and inaccurate.

First of all ECC 5.0 is only delivered on NetWeaver 6.40, not 6.20. R/3 Enterprise was the release of ERP that ran on top of 6.20.

Second, Web Dynpro ABAP was never released for 6.40. There were some early plans to have WDA on 6.40 (hence the old document in this link) however the framework was removed from 6.40 before leaving Ramp-Up. Very early ramp-up SP levels of 6.40 had some remants of the WDA framework but they were quite unusable and were removed completely by the OSS note (774655) that was linked.

The current facts are that Web Dynpro ABAP was first introduced with NetWeaver 7.0 based releases. This means for ECC, that only ECC 6.0 has Web Dynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx Abhi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If the ECC 5.0 installation consists Web AS 6.40, you can work on Web Dynpro for ABAP.

Tehre are systems ECC 5.0 with WAS 6.20 also, in that case i don't think it is possible

Abhi