cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Target Files as the number of times Item in source node

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am new XI ,my scenario is File to File and my data type structures for source and target are as follows

Data type for source

Source

Header 1:unbound

Org 1:unbound

In declaration of target data type occurrence of all child nodes are 1:unbounded. And I have used it in Message type and in message mapping for my target message type occurrence is showing as 1:1.

My objective is to replicate this entire Target as the no of times the Item is occurring in source ie for multiple items in source I want multiple target files. For this I have mapped item node of source to Target(parent node). But in mapping test it is only displaying one Target structure for multiple nodes in source. Please Help me in solving this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish, what is the solution to your problem? I am experiencing the same issue.

To view mythread, visit:

Thanks!

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Even though your child nodes are 1:unbounded, if the parent node is 1:1, there is no way it will occur more than once on the basis of your multiple line items.

Thanks

Saiyog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention your target structure occurance is 1.1, so it should occur only once,

You will get the target data output as first sender segment data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Use Multi Mappings :

When you create message mapping change the occurence of target from 1 to unbounded. This will allow you to create multiple target structures.

Then map them accordingly as per your need and you can see multiple output in test.

Just you have to be more focused on the context and for that you have to go thro' the mapping documents.

Search related documents on SDN and go thro' them.

Regards,

Shri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you need to change the occurances of the target structure's root element.......

change it to 0 to unbounded....

or you can split your file into many files as prateed said if you are not using IDOC or HTTP adapter.

if you are using the IDOC or HTTP adapter then you need to use BPM...

Thanks,

Madhu

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try splitting the messages as u want multiple files using multi-mapping

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Prateek

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wat is the occurance of the root element in the target structure...?

The occurace of the root element would be a problem... change it to 0 to unbiunded for the Messages tab of the Message Mapping

Thanks

SaNv...

Edited by: Sãnthosh Kûmãr V on Jul 31, 2008 10:33 AM