cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot (Rejected and has QM_L_001)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I also experience the same proble like ms.ellen gatchalian recently posted with subject "INSPECTION LOT". got an inspection lot that is rejected UD code and has a User profile QM_L_001. the material use in this inspection lot is NOT batch manage, in MMBE the stocks is in QI in its plant and storage location. How could i transfer this QI stocks to Unrestricted stocks? any work around on ms. ellen gatchalian problem, even not changing via BS02 the profile QM_L_001? hope anyone could reach out with me?

Regards,

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

UD code is Rejected, then why you need to transfer the stock to UR Use?

One more thing, the Change in QM_L_001 what I am suggesting, is not suggesting as permanent change, not suggested to Ellen also, As I had written that need to note the current configuration before changing it.

Once the you become able to get in to the QA12/02 screen and change the User status, or able to change the UD code and stock posting, then immediately correct the QM_L_001 again as it is. Hence the QM_L_001 changes effect get implemented to the existing and in-processes lots also, it can be used this way.

But anyway, if you don't want to do it as this way, then have a separate ID, (E.g. Admin) and allow this ID to use 321 movement type with MIGO or other trx so that this ID will let you to post the QI stock as per the crises situation.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Syamal,

Doing configuration in QM_L_001 is a long process and can impact other plan in our business, because we will do it first in our development box, then transport it in simulation and in production which is the actual SAP of our business which we encounter the problem. transportation time is really long via rev-trac thats why am asking for other work around. by the way what did you mean by this "then have a separate ID, (E.g. Admin)" where should i ask for this? have an idea, when i look the FMAT in QM_L_001 the only allowed is the cancellation of the inspection lot, doing the cancellation, what would happen to the stocks in QI?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryaz,

The process you described in cent percent correct SAP practice, And I also don't suggest any one to dis-follow it.

The second thing is, To have separate ID means, the ID you can create which can be treated as "Administrative" ID, to which you can assign the authorization for the stock posting from MIGO also.

You can develop a system that in this kind of crises conditions only this ID will be used to perform this kind of manipulation.

OR If you are thinking to cancel the lot, You have to cancel that material document, perform MBST, and cancel it, the stock will disappear. Then re perform the GR, fresh lot will come and then process it.

I have little doubt that the cancellation will not work hence the inspection lot is status as INSP-'Inspection active' and RREC-''Results confirmed'.

But try it if the cancellation work you will have clean ascape from all the jugglery.

Best Of Luck,

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Is that will be happen after cancellation of the lot. i think it is not a good practice for me to do. hayyyy. how could i post this stocks! but really your good. thanks. please let me update if there still a possible way to solve this.

Thanks

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ryan,

Pls let me know what is there in the "Posting Proposal to UD" for the UD selected set? Check it in QS51/52.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyamal,

Selected set is Z1 - 0001 Purchased materials - Released

is this what your asking?

and also in what transaction code i could cancel this inspection lot incase? in QA12 i can't do the change by the way. hehehehe

Thanks

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan Lazaro on Jul 31, 2008 11:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ryan,

Here for the UD Code in QS51, there will be a "Posting Proposal to UD", If that will be set as "Block Stock" then, as soon as you select this code, the system will post the stock to the block stock. it will not keep any stock under QI. So there will be not any question or requirement of changing it or posting it through QA12.

And to cancel the GR, perform MBST.

If you are thinking to cancel the lot, You have to cancel that material document, perform MBST, and cancel it, the stock will disappear. Then re perform the GR, fresh lot will come and then process it.
I have little doubt that the cancellation will not work hence the inspection lot is status as INSP-'Inspection active' and RREC-''Results confirmed'.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 31, 2008 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Can you kindly explain deeply with this? yah i have some test been done when i try to replicate in in our development the posted stocks automatically go to the "BLOCK STOCKS" not in unrestricted. please explain deeply and support. it really add more knowledge to me and might be the correct answer.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Posting Proposal in Usage Decision"

You can define a proposal for the inventory posting at the usage

decision in this field.

If you enter a proposal for the inventory posting in this field and set

the indicator "Quantity window in the background", an inventory posting

is automatically made for this stock in the background when the usage

decision is made for the lot.

It means, With the UD Code A=Accepted, if you select the option as "To Unrestricted Use" then system will automatically post the stock in Unrestricted, use as soon as you save teh UD, You need not to go to the "Usage Decision: Stock: Screen.

Similarly it works for Block stock" posting proposal.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

There was a looong conversation concluded yesterday itself over this issue. Pls go through it, i am sure it will help you.

[;

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change usage decision to accept and post this stock if you want or you can transfer this stock to block stock or return to the vendor.

in change usage decision you can change this UD to accept.

Regards

KrishnamurthyDSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thank you so much for your answer. but using QA12/32/33 i have a message prompting on me when i click the detailed information is states that UD is allowed, INOD is disallowed.

How can i make changes when this is prompting on me.

Regards,

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Pls let me n\know the status of the error like

hello shyamal,

transaction analysis:

influence of system status on transactions
UD - Usage decision has been made - allowed

influence of user status on transactions
NOID - material not identified - disallowed

this what is said.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shyamal,

Definitely yes, and i also notice your the one who assist ellen gatchalian am i right? but is there any possible work around available, because doing the BS02 for QM_L_001 is not really recommedable in ous business it will affect our business process and other data if some plant is simultaneously doing the same process? any possible solution to make the transfering of stocks in QI to unrestricted with this kind of inspection lot?

Thanks

Ryan