cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NW07 on Linux Redhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know step by step procedure to install NW07 on linux.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find all installation guides at service market place

Link -> [check|https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/instguides]

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok but the problem is I cant uncompress or execute the .exe files that i have downloaded from the marketplace for Oracle Database installation . Any idea how do i run those exe files on linux.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello . You have multispanning archive.-->

Read note 886535.

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards.

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 31, 2008 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Oracle is OS dependent. You can't use the same oracle in Linux what you use for Windows. Download the Oracle from the marketplace for Linux and try to install.

Oracle for Linux doesnot contain the exe files.

Rgds,

JP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JP. Are you truth think "Oracle for Linux doesnot contain the exe files" , hm , try to download and check it

Or for examle navigate to "Download page" and check file like this

"DVD ORACLE RDBMS 10.2 LINUX_IA32 1 of 4"

or this : "DVD ORACLE RDBMS 10.2 LINUX_IA64 1 of 5 " .....

May be it the EXE files ? WOW.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These doesn't make any sense at all... first, if you're using Linux you won't find .exe files. second, If you downloaded them from marketplace the files are compressed as zip files, which you can decompress in Linux simply by using the "unzip" command. third, Any other compressed file should be in .SAR format an can be decompressed using SAPCAR.

Now about the exe files... You can't execute exe files in Linux so I think you downloaded the wrong version of the software. In Linux you'll find that the executables have a.sh extention.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan. The download is correct, simply it multispanning archive , read Note 886535 , need to use "unrar"

for this. About removed from my post link to Rules , you can do it But Bill as i can see have 4 unresolved question, and no one poin for giving point, i have specified to him rules. Regards.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Bill,

100% of your threads are unaswered.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Its important to do the follow up of the threads you open.

@Sergo,

Its important to remind users to follow up their threads, but reminding then that the point system exist is against the Rules of Engagement.

Regards

Juan