cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heperlink create??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Has any one configured/managed to create hyperlink as a field..

I mean if i want to maintain a www.google.com.au OR any link on network as an hyperlink ( just as we do in email)..how do i do it..

I went through Data Mgr and Console guide but it give some XHTML format etc..

Help Please???

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

In addition to Nitin create the HTML file with A - Anchor tag containing the valid address and import that HTML file in Text HTML table.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk All...Sorted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are two ways of defining Hyperlinks, one which is stated by everyone that is:

1) In console->Links Table-> Add a link and mention the URL.

2) Open Data Manager and go to Configuration Options-> Record->Webpane URL-> Select the URL that we want to connect through MDM.

3) An extra tab called Web will appear in the record mode adn hierarchy mode.

4) On clicking this tab, we can directly connect to Internet.

but there is drawback here at one time you could only access to only one website say for example www.goggle.com for each record of MDM Data Manager.

other Approch is like this say we have 10 records in Data Manager from three Vendors Say X, Y and Z and every vendor has its own website to find more details about its record then here we create a Qualifeid hyperlink table having fields say MIME TYPES, URL, URL Description all of type TEXT and a field in Main table is look up to this Qualified Hyperlink table Here for each record you can Maintain different URL and using Portal when Displaying Records then Specific to each record this Hyperlink is also visible by clicking on which User can see more Details of each record having any URl, For more Details you can Download the Business Content of SRM- MDM Catalog where they have maintained this Hyperlink table and Using EBP we can Display these URL (Diferent websites name) for each record

Rewards if useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorted ,Thanks to ALl

Awarded points..

Cheers!!

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

I am not sure whether this will address your issue.

But we do have a facility in MDM to access WEB site like Google or Yahoo through MDM.

Console->Links->you can create a link to any website by mentioning its url under the Links table in MDM .

You have to then activate the WEB tab in MDM data manager.On using it you will be bale to access the url site that you have mentioned in Console.

Data manager->Configuration options->Records->Web url

But note that every Data amnger session is idependent of the url and one session can open one site.Based on which url you have selected in that Session under the CO.

Hope it helped

Kindly reward points If found useful

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

Has any one configured/managed to create hyperlink as a field..

I mean if i want to maintain a www.google.com.au OR any link on network as an hyperlink ( just as we do in email)..how do i do it..

I went through Data Mgr and Console guide but it give some XHTML format etc..

If I am correct, I think you are talking about TEXT HTML's. You can import them in MDM as you import Images. You will have to create a data group and them import the TEXT HTml's.

Assign the TEXT HTML's to the main table records. They will appear as a field in the Main Table.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

GO to-> Record Mode->Object Operations->Text HTML specific operation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/96010fd25225b3e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Also there is a way to link to Nte/Web through MDM.

1) In console->Links Table-> Add a link and mention the URL.

2) Open Data Manager and go to Configuration Options-> Record->Webpane URL-> Select the URL that we want to connect through MDM.

3) An extra tab called Web will appear in the record mode adn hierarchy mode.

4) On clicking this tab, we can directly connect to Internet.

For one instance of DM, we can connect to only 1 URL.

Hope it helps.

*kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jul 31, 2008 7:54 AM