cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Transport route for two systems(Urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured everthing like configuring domain controller and added to to domain controller.

Now i need to do below steps

I have Development (client) and Quality(client) in same system and Production as separate server.

I want to configure transport route from Development client to Quality client and from Quality client to Production Server.

Development Server SID is DEV ( Dev Client 100 and Quality Client 140) and Production Server SID is PRD

Transport route must be configured like below:

DEV( Dev client 100) -

> DEV (QAS client 140) -
> PRD

We are struck with this

Best Regards,

Pratyusha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

Thnx for the reply with the steps that you have performed. Believe me, I never expected that you will give a reply even after you resolving the issue. Thanks for that and keep it up the gud work. However, Be lated Happy Friendship Day.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

I am glad to see that you have figured it out on your own. May I know what exactly you have done so that I can also learn on it? Expecting a reply for this

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Goto ---> STMS ---> Transport route (graphical editor) -

> click Change button ---> Drag the two systems into editor .

Create a transport layer (ZABC), after that click on create route button and goto DEV system (double click on that) ---> select consolidation ( selected the layer and target client as quality client)

Now the transport route is done for DEV ( from dev client to qas client in same DEV)

Then go for Delivery ( select source system as DEV ( client is quality) to Target as (Procution server client 200)

after that saved and distrubted and activated..

RSTTPTEST is successful.

Regards,

Pratyusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally i have configured transport route with my efforts

Edited by: Pratyusha on Jul 31, 2008 9:58 PM

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

If I understtod your need correctly, you should configure your TMS routes using the wizzard for two system landscape first.

After doing this you will have DEV and PRD linked by a consolidatoin route.

Remove the consolidation route between the two system and create a new one, now activating the client dependency so you will create the consolidation route from DEV.100 to DEV.140

The next step is to create another route ( delivery ) from DEV.140 to PRD.nnn

Remember that the route from DEV.100 to DEV.140 should be valid only for the transports related to client-specific content ( customizing or development, like sapscripts ).

Hope this helps.

Fell free to contact me if youstill have doubts.

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

As far as configuring Development and Quality systems concern, in one system is not suggested. I think you are aware of this.

However, I need some more information on your question like the operating systems which you are using in DEV/QAS and in PRD.

First, configure the Domain Controller in either DEV/QAS or PRD.

Irrespective of the OS, you need to maintain IP address along with the host name and fully qualified domain in the etc/hosts file.

for example DEV/QAS system ip address is 172.16.23.14 and host name is abc007, then you need to make an entry in etc/hosts file at the OS level as follows.

172.16.23.14 abc007 abc007.yourcompany.com

where in abc007.yourcompany.com is the fully qualified domain name.

Once you done this in both, DEV/QAS and PRD, systems, then configure 3 system landscape from STMS tcode in the other system which is not a Domain controller.

I hope this is helpful. Getin touch if you have any more questions or doubts.

Regards,

Satish.

Edited by: Satish Arram on Jul 31, 2008 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I already configured domain controller in PRD system and inserted entry in etc/hosts file. all pre-requisites are done.

I need only Transport Route:

i am having Development and quality in one server and Prodcution is Separate server.

Development Server SID is DEV ( Dev Client 100 and Quality Client 140) and Production Server SID is PRD

Transport route must be configured like below:

DEV( Dev client 100) -

> DEV (QAS client 140) -
> PRD

We are struck with this

Regards,

Pratyusha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyusha,

I am sorry, I didn't understood properly when I gave you first reply. However, I believe, I am clear now.

In order to move a transport between two clients [ DEV, QAS ] which are in the same system, you need to use SCC1 transaction code where in you need to provide the client number and transport request number.

However, from QAS to PRD you need to configure two system landscape in STMS.

You can add my yahoo id eesh_in in messenger if you wish.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Satish.