cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning area transport issue - Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are in SCM 5.1. In my planning area, there is already data and CVCs. When I make changes to the keyfigure disaggregation calculation type in the planning area and transport the changes from Dev to QA, all the CVCs and data in the QA system gets deleted. One thing to note here is that there is a message in the transport log - "No valid storage bucket profile exists". But that storage bucket profile exists in QA and I made sure to run the time series consistency check in Dev and QA before moving the transport.

We opened an OSS message with SAP and they released 2 OSS notes and still after applying these 2 notes, the issue is not fixed. Supposedly in SCM 5.1, planning area changes could be transported to the target system without a data loss. Wanted to find out if anyone has come across this issue or if you had transported planning area changes after Go-Live without a data loss in SCM 5 or 5.1. I appreciate your quick reply to this message. Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For activating the infoobjects you need to run it for characteristics and keyfigures corresponding to the planning area.

and for activating the cube you should run it for the corresponding POS(internal cube).

Regards,

Prabhu

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically you dont have to migrate planning area if you just need to change the time-based disaggregation of key figures. you can use report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_PAREA_CHANGE for this.

Can you verify in the content of the migration in SE09 if storage bucket profile was included ? you may want to check the storage bucket profile in the source system again.Hopefully you are not dealing with any infocube keyfigures in the planning area migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try with this option then do the transport.

In the system the reports RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE and

RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE in order to activate every relevant object necessary to keep the DP use consistent. This action seems to havesolve the issue.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to run the report - RSDG_IOBJ_ACTIVATE for all the characteristics and keyfigures or just the keyfigures which I have changed in the planning area? Please note that I have changed only the disaggregation type in the planning area and not anything related to that keyfigure in RSA1.

Do I need to run the report - RSDG_CUBE_ACTIVATE for the internal cube of the planning object structure?

Please elaborate. Thanks.

Regards,

Mohammed.