cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login to a portal from WD code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a WD application running on a portal.

is it possible (through WD code) to logout the current user and login with a different one without the user seeing a login screen on the way?

or: assuming I have the user ID and password - is it possible to login automatically without the user seeing the login screen?

thanks for your time, Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

why not using the page or iView URL to login to the portal instead of using the WD application URL. Such URLs should never be used when running in the portal.

Best regards

Jochen

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes u can logn to WDP application without going through the login window.for eg.

if a user loggod into ur portal and then it calls some application then u can bypass the logon window use the concept of single signon .in which a ticket is generated for a user which contains info of user and when a appln is called in iview the called application analyse the ticketa and gives access to user .this authentication can be done by using the visual administrator tool which have options for every application installed in server.generally is it done by the administrator .so contact ur admin.

Thanks,

yashpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashpal,

Tanks for you answer.

If I understood correctly you are talking about logging out and logging back in as the same user.

but my question is about 2 different users.

logout from the first user and logging in as another user.

Do you know how to do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

Check these links out

Hope this helps you

Regards

Rohit

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

and this one:

/thread/26477 [original link is broken]

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Detlev,

it is working.

but - it doesn't really login to the portal but stays as an independent application.

means: is it possible to really login to the portal from WD so I'll be able to use portal iViews, Pages, Roles and so on....?

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

> stays as an independent application

?! If I understand you right, you start your WD app and expect to be redirected into the portal?

Anyhow, each "trick" to refresh the portal for example (_top from a JS's point of view) will need a "pure" portal solution where you have HTML/JS under your control. If you want this triggered from WD, you could use a WD iView using EPCF to call a (maybe visually hidden) "standard" iView which then refreshes the browsers content.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Detlev,

Thanks for your time.

can you explain more about your meaning in:

"...a WD iView ... to call a (maybe visually hidden) "standard" iView which then refreshes the browsers content." ?

Thanks , Adi

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adi,

from WD, with EPCD, call iView "Refresher" with it's PCD location; this is implemented for example as AbstractPortalComponent. In this, pass some JS with a call to refresh the outermost window.

Hope it helps

Detlev