cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore a Deleted File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please let me know how to restore a deleted file in SolMan?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try looking in the knowledge warehouse (transaction SI80). But it depends on how it was deleted in Solution Manager. If only the reference was deleted (the minus icon) then you can find the document in SI80. If it was deleted via the trash can icon it's gone...

Br,

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

Some one removed a document on the Proj Doc tab now I am trying to restore it. As per your suggestion I tried in SI80 but no luck. Please give some instruction or let me know the steps so that I can restore the document.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First make sure to select the correct context (by clicing the context button). Most likely the correct settings for you are enhancement /KWCUST/ and Release 620. Click "Show enhancements" if you are not able to see these fields.

Then go to menu Utilities -> Settings -> Select Areas. Here you must mark "Solution Manager" and click enter.

Now click the search icon (the googles) and fill in your search criteria (e.g. title or person responsible).

This procedure works for me.

/Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I got the document, thanks, now how can I restore it or save as so that I can upload it again?

I now look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will really appreciate you reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Following your process I found the docement. But how can I restore it to project document tab again? Please let me know.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly did you delete?

Restore a backup!

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I was trying to reply you from yesterday but could make it happen because reply button was not working.

However, one of the user deleted a document in solar01 on Project Doc tab. We can see it in the history. But how can we retrive this document?

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders & Markus,

I will appreciate your reply & solution.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

The issue is just one step away to be resolved. I will appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Folks,

Is there any one in the team who can help to resolve this issue.

Solution Manager keeps tons of documents and if any one of them is deleted accidentally then it can't be recovered ever again? Very hard to belive?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SI80 there are more ways to get the document content. Here is one way.

1) Mark document and select menu entry "Utilities(M) -> Version Management"

2) Mark latest version and click the "Display contents" icon

3) Save document locally and upload to relevant spot in solar01

/Anders