Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue question???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

For one of the requirement we are in process of copying the SAP_ALL profile into a new custom role and edit all the authorization ACTVT (activity) field values to with "03 - Display ". I had generated the

newly created role.

After this If I assign this new role to a user id and go to VA03 it let me to enter the VA03 initial screen and If I select a sales order number and try to view details it is throwing the authorization error about the sales area "No authorization for displaying sales documents in 1000 10 00"

Message no. V1514

Diagnosis

According to the settings in your user master record you do not have the authorization to execute this function.

Procedure

If you need this authorization, contact the person responsible for assigning authorizations.

Authorization object: V_VBAK_VKO

I had checked the Auth. object "V_VBAK_VKO" It has those values already assigned.

What might be the issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,

Greetson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would run a su53 on the error message. Also you may want to run su56 to verify that the auth object and values are in the "user buffer" for the id. If not then you may need to run a user compare on the role.

Edited by: JC on Jul 30, 2008 12:26 PM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would run a su53 on the error message. Also you may want to run su56 to verify that the auth object and values are in the "user buffer" for the id. If not then you may need to run a user compare on the role.

Edited by: JC on Jul 30, 2008 12:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not only object V_VBAK_VKO is involved, the screen display also need object V_VBAK_AAT. Hence following SU53 screen shots and assigning the missing authorization will resolve the issue.

ST01 trace is another option to see the authorization fails and checks.

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your responses.

I found the problem .. Problem is the role that I had copied had many inactive authorization objects inside it. But the object V_VBAK_VKO is active. I had tested it by creating another role that has only required auth. obj for sales order display and it is working fine.

I am not sure what is wrong when i blinldly replace the ACTVT field with value "03:- for display functionality for all the auth objects. Only for few objects that are inactive that I can see in the first role that I had seen.

Any hint??

Thanks,

Greetson

0 Kudos

Hi,

What about the object V_VBAK_AAT

Is this maintained with org values and also check the org values of V_VBAK_VKO. What does SU53 screen say and perform an user comparison too.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

probably you gave only value 2 in activity please check if value 16 Execute for the object V_VBAK_VKO

Samrat