Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create Authorization Group for SAP Standard Tables

krkasani
Explorer
0 Kudos

All,

I have 10 standard tables which are required to maintain by the user in Production environment.

Is there any way to create a custom auth group for the standard table?

Is it possible to assign same table in two different auth groups?

Please advice

Thanks,

Kotesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member1061482
Participant
0 Kudos

Multiple tables can be linked to an auth group, but one table can be linked to only one auth group.

You cannot link one table to more than one auth group.

It is always advised to try to find an existing auth group having tables of same functinality and criticality, before creating a new auth group.

In case you don't have any such auth group, I feel you can create a Z auth group using se16->tbrg.

You can also create auth group using tcode se54.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member1061482
Participant
0 Kudos

Multiple tables can be linked to an auth group, but one table can be linked to only one auth group.

You cannot link one table to more than one auth group.

It is always advised to try to find an existing auth group having tables of same functinality and criticality, before creating a new auth group.

In case you don't have any such auth group, I feel you can create a Z auth group using se16->tbrg.

You can also create auth group using tcode se54.

0 Kudos

Raj

Thanks for you information

Thanks,

Kotesh

0 Kudos

Actually, there might be a way of doing this by differentiating between the view and the table.