Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive document migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

not sure if this is the correct forum.

Our current archiving software solution, InfoLife, is coming to End Of Life.

I would like to know if it's possible to migrate from archive solution to another?

Also, is SAP Content Server a suitable solution for SAP archiving?

Currently we have only done IDOC and MM_ACCTIT archiving.

thanks,

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should have closed this ages ago.

Solution was the Archiving software compnay provided me with 2 abaps to test and move the data from one solution to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm, I tried to run ZMIGRATE_ARCHIVELINK_FILES and it doesn't do anything.

I suspect that it won't do what I was hoping i.e. 'upload' archived data from one Content Repository (defined in oac0) to another one.

Is it possible to do what I want i.e. move docs stored in an external archive system, like IXOS etc, to another external archive system (or even Content Server)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked OSS? There were some OSS notes for relocating documents from one content server into another for ArchiveLink.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there.

I have searched OSS but it mostly talks about ADK, and coudln't find anything concrete that I can use.

thanks,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

So looks as though I can use this migration facility, albeit slow.

Now, just wondering if SAP Content Server is a viable solution for archiving?

thanks,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be no issues using the SAP content server for archiving unless there are specific legal requirements which preclude this. I.e If the legal requirements state the media must be write only. If this is the case, you could look at spindle locking technology to ensure the content server remains a safe alternative.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found oss note Note 1043676 - Migration of ArchiveLink Documents, which has abap ZMIGRATE_ARCHIVELINK_FILES.

Has anyone used this before?

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes i did that for tests and have to use it for production in the near future. it works good, but it is slow.

retrieve from one archive and new archiving document by document...

regards, martin