cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating CVCs from Info Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an Info cube which has 10 Characteristics. Now I want to create CVC's from this infocube. The challenge is to restrict some of these 10 Chars present in the cube and

generate CVCu2019s only for 7 of them. How can this be done ?

When creating the Master planning object structure itself, If I create these 7 Characterists, does the loading of data from IC to planning object structure generate CVCu2019s only for these 7 chars ? Is this the correct and only way to be done ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a standard scenario. You can have 10 characteristics in the cube and your planning object structure has only 5 or 3 or 9 and you can generate CVCs.

The rule of thumb is "the characteristics in POS should be subset of characteristics in the cube".

Please let me know if I misread you.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can load data into the POS at a subset of characteristic level from infocube. At the time of loading of data into POS, the new CVC can also be created. In the program /SAPAPO/TS_PLOB_MAINTAIN, you can try to use the "Load to Worklist option"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I appreciate the quick reply.

In the existing APO DP system, we have a MPOS and certain CVCu2019s are already generated. If I need to check which Info Cube is being used to generate these CVCu2019s, how this can be done ?

Further, how can I know which Cube is being used to populate the associated Planning area? Ideally MPOS & PA will be linked to same IC. But how do I get these details through the system ?

Can I get these through any background job details ?

TIA

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SLG1 transaction, keep the object as "APO_FCS" and sub-object as "PAREA_LOAD", you can then get details of the MPOS loads. Alternatively, you can right click on MPOS in /sapapo/msdp_admin transaction and go to Logs. In terms of background job, check for program /SAPAPO/RTSINPUT_CUBE (or transaction /sapapo/tscube) to verify which POS go loaded from which infocube. I dont think there is any more direct way.