cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a BADI which is called in update task in background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My client has implemented the BADI "BBP_ECS_PO_OUT_BADI" which is used for mapping EBP PO -> R/3 PO before replication in extended classic scenario.

I guess this BADI is called in update task in a FM and hence even after keeping an external breakpoint (HTTP) it does not stop for debugging.

Can anyone let me know how to debug such a BADI which is called in background in update task?

Your help is highly appreciated

Cheers,

Chirag.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put an endless loop in your BADI BBP_CREATE_BE_PO_NEW ,as shown below and force the program to stop there. Now go to SM50 and switch to debug mode for the program and start debugging(take process that keeps hangs in your endless loop).

Data: l_check.

do.

if l_check eq 'X'.

exit.

endif.

enddo.

BR,

Disha.

DO reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow this work around. Set the break point in the BADI, now use the FM BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC to transfer the PO again. This is a normal function module and you will be able to debug the application with minimal efforts.

But in real time the system will use BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC_V2 to transfer the data; but the either of the function modules will follow the sequence, hence you can simulate with BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC.

Besides in your debugger setting please check whether the "Update TasK" checkbox is checked. This could also be a reason.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel