cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying sap jca adater to XI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I developed sap jca adapter, and tested it on pck, now i need to migrate it to XI server. who can provide me some infomation on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

We can deploy that ear file even without using NWDS...what you have to do is put that ear file or if you want o deploy more than 1 ear file put all those files inside a .sda file.....then deploy this .sda file into the server using Remote GUI,,,after doing this you have to restart the server to activate the changes.....you know this is time consuming....you can avoid all these things if you use NWDS(no need to restart the server either... )...why you need to waste time when everything is available ready made...

Cheers,

Sundararamaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

do I need to define software component, technical system, business system

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

For Deploying no need to define these things(s/w component,tech s/m,busi s/m)..but to make use of the deployment u need to define these things.....

Cheers,

Sundararamaprasad.

Message was edited by: Sundararamaprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't use NWDS, does any one can provide me some doc or something else in detail I can follow? thanks for your helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a newbie on XI, can anyone provide me more information in detail in deploy sap jca adapter and test it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi spring,

The sample adapter is already deployed(by default).So you no need to do anything to deploy the adapter.All u have to do is in XI.

(1). Integration Repository: Create a software component in I.R, create namespace with the name http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample and in that select AdapterObjetcts -> AdapterMetaData. right click and select new. give the name of the metadata as JCA.here copy the contents of sampleRa.xml file and paste it.To do that click on 4th icon "src " and paste it.and Activate it.

(2). Integration Directory: while configuring communication channel select JCA.when you activate the object your adapter starts working.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For testing sap jca adapter, do i need to create data type, message type, message interface, Interface mapping, message mapping and others? i am not clear about that. hope from your help in detail:)

Message was edited by: Spring Tang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

If you are using Sample Adapter in Sender side and your aim is only to test Sample adapter(not your entire scenario) then you need to create only few objects

1)Sender Aggrement(Integration directory)

2)Communication channel(I.D)

3)one data type(Integration Repository)

4)one message type(IR)

5)One message interface(IR)

No need to create Receiver Determination,Interface Determination,Message Mapping,Receiver Aggrement.

But you will get an error in XI.Because the XI don't know what do with that message.But your sample adapter got tested means If you are using sap samplera adapter then it will change the input file name to <FileName>.sent.so that u will come to know that adapter working.

1).In IR create a namespace,

data type,message type ,message interface.

2).In id create communication channel, sender aggrement.

This is only to test sender side adapter, not your entire scenario.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Gowtham

I need output the message to file using file adapter as receiver direction. not only test the sap sample adapter.hope more helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

Then u need to create rec.Det,Int.Det,Rec.Aggrement.And use one message type for both sender and receiver message interfaces.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for my unclear description, in my project, there are many different xml format, in phase 1, I just use file adapter as receiver with no mapping, in phase 2, i will do the mapping from xml to idoc, is there a convient solution for my phase 1 in XI server. do I need define all data types? Hope from your helps:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Spring,

Deploy the sample_ra.sda file through SDM if it is not deployed. But by default it will be deployed.And i XI,create adapter metadata under the namespace http:configure it in XI.But the namespace http://sap.com/xi/XI/sample and the adapter type should be JCA.Because these are given in ra.xml file(Extract smaple_ra.rar).

Go through this weblog on "Testing Sample Adapter in XI Server or decentralised engine."

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/04/testing-sample-adapter

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to access the Integration Repository to Create Adapter Meta Data, I am a newbie in XI:)

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using NWDS? Hopefully

If so, you can create an Enterprise Application project (which outputs an .ear file), include your stuff there, adjust descriptor files (I think you can draw you inspiration from descriptor files that come along with the sample adapter...), point your NWDS to deploy to your XI box (Windows -> Preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine) and you're done.

You'll be asked for SDM admin password once.

Regards,

Alex