cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the mirrlogA and mirrlogB from C drive to D drive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I Need to move the mirrlogA and mirrlogB directories from C drive to D drive do i need to make any modifications to the configuration files.

i can only this line in intDEV.ora file.but i can see the directories in C drive mirrlogA and mirrlogB but i cant find the entries in initDev.ora abt the C drive.

"control_files = (D:\oracle\DEV\origlogA\cntrl\cntlrDEV.dbf, D:\oracle\DEV\origlogB\cntrl\cntrlDEV.dbf, D:\oracle\DEV\sapdata1\cntrl\cntrlDEV.dbf)"

Can you suggest me how to move them and how to restart the system with out errors.

regards,

surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surya,

> I Need to move the mirrlogA and mirrlogB directories from C drive to D drive do i need to make any modifications to the configuration files.

If you do not modify any oracle "settings" .. you have to do 2 things.

1) Change the entry in the pfile / spfile for the control files

2) Rename the redo log files to the new location with the ALTER DATABASE RENAME command after you have shutdown your database

For more information how to rename a file take a look at:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/onlineredo.htm#sthref951

Regards

Stefan

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attention !

> 1) Change the entry in the pfile / spfile for the control files

control files != redolog files.

To move the redolog files the control files don't need to be touched at all.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i move and paste them directly in D drive along with "D:\oracle\DEV". If i do it so do i need to add any entris anywhere.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lars

> Attention !

> control files != redolog files.

> To move the redolog files the control files don't need to be touched at all.

Yeah of course

But if you look at his control file locations .. they are located in the origlogA and origlogB directories.. and so in this case it have to be changed, too.

UPDATE: Ahh sorry, he wants to move the mirrlogA and mirrlogB and not the origlogA and origlogB .... i mixed up the two directories.

Regards

Stefan

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

> can i move and paste them directly in D drive along with "D:\oracle\DEV". If i do it so do i need to add any entris anywhere.

Just follow this guide:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14231/onlineredo.htm#sthref951

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)