The Characteristics that i have to maintain in MPOS are:-

1. Division

2. category

3. Material

4. Plant

5. Region

6. Sales District

7. Sales Manager

I am generating the CVC from an Infocube. The first 6 characteristics are available in the History Infocube.

But the Sales manager is not there.

I am trying to use the BADI COMBI ENRICH /SAPAPO/SDP_MASTER

to update the Sales Manager.

The sales manager is based on the unique combination of Division, Region and Sales District.

I have created a Ztable in APO and stored the values for DIV, Reg, Sales Distr, Sales manager

to test the badi i have applied a break point and when i run the transaction /sapapo/mc62 it does not stop at the break point.

Could someone tell me if it is the right badi and is there any step that is missing.

Also if u have a diff logic to update the sales manager in the MPOS without using the BADI pls do let me know

waiting for replies.

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are looking at the wrong place to add characteristic. The BADi you are looking at is meant only for doing some extended checks eg. making sure the characteristic value combinations getting formed go through some audit checks.

If you have to add some char value based on a Z control table, you have to write in a "Create Routine" button under update rules of infocube. Obviously the infocube should have the extra characteristic you are going to determine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks for your reply.

Now if i add another characteristic in the History Infocube. and have a Ztable in APO.

would i b e able to write a routine for this characteristic which would read from the ztable in apo and compare with the combinations in the cube and update the sales manager in the cube.

Regards

Amit

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note that the update routine works from flatfile or some other source into Infocube. What you are asking is only possible before data gets into the infocube. The hop from infocube to POS is plain and simple update with no routines. The routine works at the time of data getting into infocube through the update rules. So if you add one more characteristic in POS, make sure also add that in the infocube. The Z table can be kept in APO and referred to by the update routine that updates values into the infocube. I hope I have answered your query in sufficient detail. Not sure if this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Seems like you got a good reply.

Which verison are you in? what are the complete requirements for the new Key figure?

In the latest verison of APO you can add Key figures to the MPOS directly. If you are in Old version and you need to add a key figure based on the requirmeents we can also add an nav attribute which acts very similar to Key figure except that we cannot perform forecasting in that level. If it is just for a drill down or need to use for running macro batch jobs or other slection ID creations.

Let us know your complete requirement. I am not very sure if I answered part of your query. But once you have straightened MPOS, you can then follow what srinivas suggested.

Reward points if helpful.

My