cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM development on SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello world

I did notice that SAP has released SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1. I was of course very curious if this would (finally) make MAM25 developments possible in the new SAP NetWeaver (Mobile ) Developer Studio 7.1, because the old SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.0 is based on Eclipse 2.X while the new one is based on Eclipse 3.3 (which has some advantages compared to Eclipse 2.X).

So I did download SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 and SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1, and installed both of them on my system. I was positively surprised when I noticed a Mobile Infrastructure perspective. So I did download our customized MAM25 source code from the CVS server and I tried to let it compile and run on SAP NetWeaver Mobile Developer Studio 7.1.

Compiling was not a problem: after including some required JAR files, the code did compile successfully, however when trying to export the project, it seemed that the JSP files were not compiled, however I did put the tick mark at the Add JSP as compiled classes option. In my NetWeaver Developer, a folder $jsp was created, but with nothing inside. And in the generated WAR-file, I couldn't find any compiled JSP file as well...

In the 7.0 version, a file called mam25.jar was created and putted into the lib folder in the war archive file, which contained all the class files. This file was not created with version 7.1.

When trying to run the MAM from within NetWeaver Mobile Developer Studio 7.1, I did get the following exception when launching:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/mobile/cfs/startup/Startup
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.tc.mobile.cfs.startup.Startup

Is there anyone who can tell me whether or not SAP NetWeaver Mobile Developer studio 7.1 is able to compile, generate and run the MAM25 source? If not, why is there a perspective Mobile Infrastructure included?

If it is compatible, does anyone have an idea why it didn't work with me?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Diederik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diederik,

Just FYI..

There is no MAM version released by SAP which is compatible with MI 7.1.

Even if you were able to compile MAM version (which actually is compatible with MI 7.0), it might not function properly.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhakanth,

I was already afraid for that.

Do you know if this is on the roadmap of SAP? Will they make MAM compatible with it?

I would think it is just a matter of making the plugin compatible with Eclipse 3.X, not the MAM it self. It can't be that difficult I think?...

Best regards,

Diederik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diederik,

Road map regarding MAM on MI 7.1 will come out soon... Can't say when

I am sorry, I am not sure about the plugin compatibility with Eclipse 3.x. I am still not that F/E techy still

In MAM on MI 7.0/2.5, we have Orders, Notification etc which are S01 sync BOs i.e., there is no pushing of objects onto MI from Back-end.

But MI 7.1 requires push mechanism for all the sync BOs.Currently, they are not officially available by SAP. At the moment, you have to develop your own mechanism for that in B/E.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think MAM with NW Mobile 7.1 is already in roadmap named MAM 3.1, but I am not sure about the actual dates.

But if you really want to migrate MI 2.5/7.0 applications to NW Mobile 7.1 then you can go through the following documentation. But this is for backward compatibility.

"http://service.sap.com/instguidesNWMobile71" -> Migration -> Migration Guide -> SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

MAM 3.1 is still not released for general availability

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhakanth,

Thats the reason why I said, I dont know about the actual dates.:-)

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

What I mean is that currently there is no plan to release MAM 3.1 to all customers at all even at later point of time.

Best Regards,

Subhakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for all the information!

I think there is a little misunderstanding, or maybe I am wrong

SAP NetWeaver is the web-application you can use to analyze, administrate, etc... your mobile applications?

I am actually talking about the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1, which is in fact just an extended Eclipse environment. There is some kind of mobile update pack which you can find here: [SAP NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 SP3|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0846cb5-59ec-2a10-46a2-cff9cd9b8fc3]

My question was if you can maintain and develop in JAVA your MAM25 application with this version of the Netweaver Developer Studio? I did notice a perspective Mobile Infrastructure as in version 7.0, and I can compile the JAVA code, but I can't run the application (see error in original posting) and it seems that no JAVA files are generated from the JSP files.

I guess it is just a matter of making the plugins compatible for Eclipse 3.X, because the plugin system of Eclipse 2.X is not compatible with the plugin system of Eclipse 3.X. But because of the Mobile Infrastructure perspective that I did notice, I was thinking that this was done. But this seems not to be the case, or I did do something wrong...

So the only question is: can I use SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 (aka Eclipse 3.X) to develop in JAVA the MAM25 application?

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Diederik