cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JSPM - SDTServer issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did a startup of JSPM, as I am preparing to start an update of the Java Support Packs. It seems when i run the 'go' script in UNIX it is waiting for an SDTServer on port 6240. I did a ps command with a grep on SDT and it seems there is nothing running. i also did a nestat and grep it for 6240 but again there is nothing listening on that port. i had a look in the lib directory under JSPM and it seems there are jar files relating to the SDT Server. Does anyone know how i can start this or does the script start this up and it takes a long time?

Thanks,

Mani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member265210
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If another running instance of JSPM is using port 6240, use this instance or stop it.

If another application is using port 6240, in the /usr/sap/<SID>/<Central instance name>/j2ee/JSPM/param/jspm_config.txt file, change the value of the /dialog/SDTServerConnection/port property by specifying a port that is currently not in use and try to start JSPM.

Regards

Shridhar Gowda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

make sure that you export the Display to your desktop.

setenv DISPLAY IP:0.0

before you launch the sapinst.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

You could use the info from following note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1013976

, on details how to use JSPM gui on a UNIX box.

There is also another method described - how to redirect display to remote host (not X display redirect).

Regards,

Vasil

Edited by: Vasil Dimitranov on Nov 7, 2008 6:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for all your help. I needed to change the port number becuase it was saying another application or program was using it and i did the Display variable and it works. i downloaded the Java packs, do they need to be unzipped first or does JSPM deal with unzipping them becuase they are SCA.ZIP files?

points have been awarded.

thanks,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

A good test to make sure your xwindows is working is to issue the command xclock and see if you get a clock. Run that before you run JSPM so you don't waste time waiting for it to load.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please download X Manager, and try runnig from there

Regards,

Kaustubh.