Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seeking solution for css and js making client very heavy around 800KB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have developed GUI using web dynpro,

deployed the application in enterprise portal,

when i save the web page in local machine from browser(IE),

the HTML + css+ js file size comes around 700-800KB.

How can i reduce this so that i can use it in internet.

For internet application noone can afford more than 40 KB in client, Please any solution to the above problem ASAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide an exact list of the Javascript and CSS files and their sizes? Are they all Web Dynpro related? What else do you have inside your Portal page?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for showing interest in solving my problem,

Here is the list :

Samp.html - 18.4 KB

popup_ie6 - 22.0 KB

sapUrMapi_ie6 - 292 KB

sapWdSsr_ie6 - 76.8 KB

ur_ie6 - 246 KB

urMessageBundle_en - 17.0 KB

i don't know how to configure the application to reduce the file size. The page has TextViews and button.

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

These >200k files are the client-side rendering and interaction framework (Unified Rendering). They are only transmitted initially and cached by the browser afterwards.

Can you measure, using a tool like HttpWatch, what amount of data is transmitted in the following requests?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you followed the Portal Optimization guide? You should set the script set to optimze and you can use http://flumpcakes.co.uk/css/optimiser/ to compress your css files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Armin,

thanks for your suggestion.

we are going to develop a large scale application project that integrates different applications, some of them are in SAP.

so, whether this heavy size of css and js will be disadvantage of web application ?

will it be better to opt for struts than web dynpro ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks eric, i have to go through the optimization guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Argha.

It looks like performance testing problem.

However, one of our colleagues found when using VPN to visit webdynpro application, its very slow for the firsttime visit ( it maybe caused by heavy client)

But its fast when running for second time.

So we can have a test for this heavy client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear jian

The css and js are around 500 KB.

These files get downloaded only when the request is for the first time.

So first time hit will be time taking but from the next time it will be fast.

If u can check and tell the file sizes of css and js of your application, then i can compare with mine.

But generally web applications should be very light in size.so , should i go for struts and can u give me the

advantages and disadvantages of web dynpro against struts.

Web dynpro pages are rendered in client browser ? and which framework does it follow ? is it ajax or ?????