cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification action box- Material to Material transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having some Materials with Base UOM-pcs in blocked stock, which needs to be scrapped thru Material to Material transfer. But my "Receiving Material" Base UOM is in TO. So I am not able to do Material to Material transfer.

In this case my scrap material will inturn become internal raw material.

Can anyone suggest how can I go further.

Also please let me know whether Material to Material transfer can be done from Block stock also as 309 mvt type allows transfer from Unres to Unres only.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have all the alternate UOM's defined for each material?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I maintained alternate UOM but while doing Mat to Mat transfer, system is taking stock keeping unit into consideration.

Its throwing error as Transfer not possible as UOM are PCS and KG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viny,

Could you please provide little more specific details, like what is the Error Message Class and Message type which you are getting and hope you are using MB1B transaction.

Regards,

Arpit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to make it simple.

My finished product is glass bottle and I want to scrap defective qty which are currently in blocked stock.

Same time scrap bottle can be input raw material for same process.

So we decided to go ahead with Material to Material conversion, instead of scrapping thru 555 mvt type.

But BOUM of Bottle is pcs and BOUM of cullet (receiving material) is in TO. So I am not able to do material to material transfer. How can I overcome this difficulty related to UOM.

Please suggest if there is any other way out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viny,

In this case material to material transfer is not Possible. Because Standard SAP does not support material to material transfer if Stock Keeping Unit (Base Unit of measure) is different.

What i can suggest is,

Create a Production Order for Cullet and Consume this Defective Glass Bottles in this production order. Again, by adopting this process you can incorporate any other extra costs through Production Order, which incurred during this process. This will provide you proper inventroy control as well as proper Valuation.

Regards,

Arpit