cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link MIC and class char.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In my senario I am linking my MIC with class char.

say for e.g.

Material MIC Class Char values

Mat1 purity purity 80 - 90 %

Mat2 purity purity 70 - 75 %

Like this I have 500 raw materials, each material having min 4 char.

The problem i am facing is, for linking MIC with class char. i have to create MIC, Class char aswell as class (batch) for each material seperately for eg purity, for each material I have to create this MIC purity, class char. purity. and assign this class char. to one of the class.

Is there any way so that i can by pass this huge master data creation say in above eg just create one MIC purity and can be used in all material.

Waiting for u r suggestions, in case of any clarification pl. write.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create ONE general characteristic with min value 0 and max value of 100. Create ONE MIC and link it to the general characteristic.

In config, make sure for the plant settings you have sepcified, "Batch valuation without material spec."

You now have a couple of choices.

1. Create a batch class for each group of similar materials, (i.e. the same specs), with the characteristic Purity, (and any other characteristics you need). In the class, for the characteristics purity enter in the actual spec for the group of materials. (i.e. 75.0 - 80.0). Make sure you click on the indicator "additional values allowed". Assign the materials to their respective batch class. You can also maintain different or special spec ranges in the classification view of the material master as well. Maintain the material spec with QS61.

Create inspection plans with the MICS used. Now when an inspection lot is created, the spec flow from the class>material>material spec--> to the inspection lot.

2. Create the 1 general and 1 mic as described above. Create the batch class as described.

Create your inspection plans and add the MIC. Unlock the MIC and maintain the spec in the plan.

When the inspection lot is created, the specs come from the plan and are copied to the inspection lot. When the UD is done, the results are copied to the batch record.

If you are not batch managed. Simply create the inspection plans and unlock the characteristic and maintain the spec.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Now, above is working very fine for quantitative char. but i am facing problem in qualitative chars.

I am having one char as physical appearance.

Almost every raw material & finish product is having this char.

Aslo this char is having more than one values ( almost 60 in raw mats & 500 in fg)

now the requirement of client is that the actual appearance for a particular material ( eg red) should appear in the specification field of result entry screen & user will enter weather it COMPLYS or NOT COMPLY. ( ie selected set will consits of these 2 values)

Aslo, in FG qaulity certificate, it should be printed in following form,

Char. value result.

physical app. red comply.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically this is handled by creating a single characteristic with a simple PASS/FAIL catalog.

You can unlock the characteristic in the inspection plans and modify the short text of the description to convey to the tech the desired valued. I.e. Short text of the characteristic = Appearance. In the plan, I change this to Appearance - Red.

You can not get the catalog values to appear in the spec column.

Then on the COA for the material, it can be set up a couple of ways.

One is to have the test text come from COA Profile and you enter something like Appearance of Red and then the test result of PASS.

If you have the description good enough in the inspection plan, you can pull the test description from the inspection lot.

You can also assign a method to the characteristic and then in the profile for that characteristic, indicate that the long text of the method is printed. This is usually printed below or above the characteristic on the profile. In the long text of the method you specify the desired appearance. I.e. "Material shall be granular, free-flowing absent of visible clumps with a dark red coloration conforming to customer sample chip #48393229"

Craig

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

- Create only two Characteristics.

1. Purity === 80 - 90 %

2. Purity === 70 - 75 %

Note: - If you have any other combination limits, say 90 - 95 % there will be third Characteristic.

- Create Two MIC, one for each Characteristic.

- Assign these MICs to the inspection plans/material specifications.

- Create a Batch Class and Assign all these (according to this example 'both') the characteristics to the Batch class. and this common batch class should be assigned to all the Raw materials.

Now what will happen is, You will assign the MICs to the relevant material inspection plan only, so the values will migrate to those characteristics only which the inspection lot will have, though the batch class will have all the characteristic.

You can assign the batch class to 'n' number of materials, through trx CL24N.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

What if you use Purity characteristics with Range Value 80-90%, 70-75%, etc. And pass this value via MIC to Batch characterisitics

Regards,

Arpit