cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation EP/DI interrupts -> rdisp/msserv_internal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everyone.

i am installing two dialog instances for a EP 7 Portal. When installing the first, everything was fine. Now, on the second server, a problem appears.

when i enter the profile directory in the installation, this message is shown:

Profile parameter rdisp/msserv_internal is not set for instance SCS53/T3J on host sapt3j01.

SOLUTION: Edit the profile of the instance as specified below and restart the instance.

Include these lines in the profile:

rdisp/msserv = 0 rdisp/msserv_internal = XXXX

where XXXX denotes a free port number on your machine.

For more information see SAP Note 821875.

First of all, i checked the instance profile of the SCS-instance T3J_SCS53_sapt3j01 then wondered: the entries were there...

lnx0015b T3J/profile> less T3J_SCS53_sapt3j01

SAPSYSTEMNAME = T3J

SAPSYSTEM = 53

INSTANCE_NAME = SCS53

DIR_CT_RUN = $(DIR_EXE_ROOT)/run

DIR_EXECUTABLE = $(DIR_INSTANCE)/exe

SAPLOCALHOST = sapt3j01

OS_UNICODE = uc

#----

# SAP Messaging Service for Java

#----

rdisp/msserv = 0

rdisp/msserv_internal = 3953

next thing: i checked the /etc/services

##xmlink-connect 3953/tcp # Eydeas XMLink Connect

##xmlink-connect 3953/udp # Eydeas XMLink Connect

the port is free....

does anyone have an idea how to pass and continue the installation? what can i check?

thanks, martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems that port 3953 is already used by another application. Change your profile to use a different port or even better, change the port of the other application.

If you are completely sure that it is free (using netstat -a), then check the file /usr/sap/sapservices

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for your answer. we thought that too and did a netstat -an |grep LISTEN

that told us, that the port is not in use...

any other idea? all tipps are very welcome!

thanks,

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

To confirm that the port does not have a clash with other settings, change the port number and re try the install.

Cheers,

Nisch

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that message is coming because your message server is not coming up because the bootstrap didn't finish.

check

dev_bootstrap

dev_server0

Markus

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem solved!

This was the problem:

On this server two dialog instances are installed. One called J81 (Development portal D3J), the other (the one with the installation problem) J86 / T3J. The problem was, that instance J81 was available under /usr/sap/D3J AND /usr/sap/D3J. My colleague from our unix-department "repaired" the fault.

How could this happen?

Maybe a failure when using YAST or YAST itself...

Best regards and THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Martin

JP_Barcenas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

remember that the value if you want to use rdisp/msserv_internal, it must be first defined in the central system (SCS53, I assume) and then defined with the same value in all your app. servers. So, you have to make sure that it is really listening in the central system and that the port is free in all your app. servers.

Regards,

Juan

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi everybody.

when i change the parameter "rdisp/msserv_internal = 3953" (Instance profile SCS instance) to an other (free) port, the central instance is not able to start.

jcmon talks about shared memory problems.

do i have to change the port anywhere else?

thanks,

martin

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

The Central Services is in itself a instance and requires a unique system number. It looks to me like you have chosen the same system number(53) for your dialog instance ?

Edit: oops, think I may have misread your post with all those 3's ..please confirm the system number for the dialog instance you are trying to install is different.

Regards,

Nelis

Edited by: Nelis Lamprecht on Jul 31, 2008 8:04 AM