SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TechEd 2008 : Eligibility : min 1yr with current employer necessary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm working in SAP for almost 3 & half year now.

I've recently switched over my job. I have been with my current employer from past 3/4 months.

Can I be eligible to apply for SAP TechEd 2008, Bangalore? Is there any eligibility criteria for SAP TechEd 2008 that I need to be with my current employer for atleast a year?

Could you also please post the link where I can see this eligibility criteria on SAP site.

Thanks,

Pallavi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check this link:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/teched_2008_bangalore_schedule.epx

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> You can check this link:

>

> http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/teched_2008_bangalore_schedule.epx

>

> Hope this helps..

>

> Regards,

> Amit

the link doesnt open in my system. i guess its a firewall.

So could some one tell me if theres a min 1 yr with current employer eligibility criteria to get certification??

pk

0 Kudos

Hi PK,

These condition are applicable for TechEd only.

SAP TECHED 2008 BANGALORE: ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

Certification exams will be conducted onsite at the SAP TechEd 2008 Bangalore venue on November 14 and 15, 2008.

Venue

Karnataka Trade Promotion Organization

Trade Centre Bangalore

Plot No. 121, Export Promotion Industrial Park

Whitefield, Bangalore - 560048

Landmark: Adjacent to SAP Labs and Pop Genesis Software

Eligibility

In order to qualify for a certification exam you must be:

u2022 "Full Conference" registrant with fully paid status on or before October 31, 2008.

u2022 A registered SAP consultant (SAP employee, partner, or independent), or an SAP Customer Core Competency Center team member, or an employee of an SAP partner or customer.

u2022 An S-User ID holder u2013 specifics as to S-User ID information are listed at the bottom of this document or an SAP Employee with a D or I number.

In addition, the following eligibility requirements exist for certification candidates:

Partners and Customers

u2022 Participants must complete the relevant academy courses with SAP Education or an SAP Education Partner to qualify to take the certification exams.

u2022 Candidates can appear for re-certification with a copy of score sheet, provided the exam is in the offering.

Or all of the below:

u2022 Must have served current employer for at least 12 months prior to the exam date.

u2022 For associate level certification exams, a minimum one to three years of SAP implementation experience with a minimum of six months experience in the module and version in which the candidates appears for certification.

u2022 For professional level certification exams, a minimum of three to seven years of SAP implementation experience with minimum of 12 months in the module and six months in the version in which the candidates appears for certification.

u2022 Your present employer should be a customer or partner of SAP.

Participant is responsible to submit proof of the above.

Individuals

u2022 Participants must complete the relevant academy courses with SAP Education or SAP Education partners to qualify to take the certification exams.

Participant is responsible to submit proof of the above.

u2022 Candidates can appear for re-certification with a copy of score sheet, provided the exam is in the offering.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do not think there is any criteria called min 1year with the current company for attending the TechEd. In in case you are planning to write certification in TechEd then yes it is required to have.

For TechEd registration your company should only fund it thats all.

Visit the TechEd India website for more info:

http://www.sapteched.com/india/

Regards,

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hi Amit / Subhash,

Thanks for the replies. It solved my doubt.

Somehow I'm not able to see option to give points.

Is there any setting I need to do?