cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save Interactive form content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can someone tell me how can I save the contents of my pdf locally ? I am only able to save a blank form but not the information that i have filled in. Have experimented with the various possible modes but so far no success. Thank you.

from

Kwok Wei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kwok,

If you create an XDP with the Designer and save it as PDF form, the PDF will not contain the proper right for saving it.

But if you create an Interactive Form UI in a WD project in the Developer Studio and design your form from Dev Studio, then when the WD application runs, the XDP is tried to sent to the preconfigured ADS (a web service responsible for PDF generation). If the ADS is configured well and contains the <b>proper credential file</b> for operations such as save, the returning PDF displayed in the browser will contain the right for saving and you can save it locally. From this time the local PDF can be open with Reader and the Reader will always give the possibility for saving.

Do you need only the contents ? Then you can also try the followings:

1. Save as text... command from the Reader

2. If you like PS much more then a readable text file, you can also choose Print.. and click on the Print to file checkbox. (of course this solution rather a joke than a suggestion)

Regards,

Ferenc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmmmm "2. If you like PS much more then a readable text file, you can also choose Print.. and click on the Print to file checkbox. (of course this solution rather a joke than a suggestion)" ...

Actually the problem has been solved. It seems that I need to bind all the fields to the context or otherwise it will not allow any data to be saved locally. In the Adobe Designer of NWDS, I experimented with binding to the Context and setting it to None and the results was exactly what I got. Looks like I have made a silly "End User" once again.

If my findings are wrong, will the experts here kindly correct them. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kwok Wei Ng

We are facing a same kind of problem. If the form is designed in SAP , it' snot allowing us to save locally. When we opened Adobe live cycle designer seperately which come as part of GUI installation when we select Designer at the time of installing SAP GUI then it's not allowing to edit the form and save locally. your reply

" It seems that I need to bind all the fields to the context or otherwise it will not allow any data to be saved locally. In the Adobe Designer of NWDS, I experimented with binding to the Context and setting it to None and the results was exactly what I got".

Can you guide me step by step in doing this.