cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in displaying Japanese characters in SAPScripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a strange problem in one of my SAPScripts. I have one script in both English and Japanese languages. The scripts are already existing. I had to do some minor changes in a logo window. I did them and i did not do any other changes in any of the windows.

When the output wa s seen for the script in the Japanese version, it was looking ok displaying all hte Japanese characters in various windows. Now, during testing , in the same server, the Japanese characteres are not shown. Instead , some ' #'(hash) symb ols are getting displayed.

How could it happen? Did any body face such problem? If so, can anybody plz help me out with the solution?

What shud i do to get back the Japanese characters in my script again?

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to transaction SPAD and compare printer driver and settings between them.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is Japanese a new addition to your system or have you been using it for awhile? I'm asking to determine whether this is a Basis or SAPScript issue. Are you a Unicode or MDMP SAP system? If it's showing '#' on the screen it's not SPAD (though that may have issues as well from device types).

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya.

this is not an ABAP problem ask your BASIS team to set printer cofing from SPAD.dont worry its not an ABAP issue at all.

sometime printer doesnt support special char so it need to be setting with printer.

Amit.