cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Live

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

can you please explain the steps to be taken in go live cut over plan from the sd point of view i was asked that question in an interview, i mention unit test integration testing, preparing user training documents. just wondering what did i miss, she mention i am missing a lot more?

when doing changes doing production support, i answered that i do changes in quality or development clint and then basis person moves it to production client, that is the way it goes right? while production support if any configuration are made by sd guy, what documents i am suppose to prepare?

what does a experienced sd person suppose to do on the very first day of work, where the implementation is done by third party , and the job of the person that they are employing to get all the knowledge from the way implementation is being done in the company, my answer was would try to understand the business process that your company uses and see what configuration the consultant is doing .

thanks in advance

Diip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

The steps for implementation starts with Business Blue Print. Then once that BBP is signed by the client then you prepare the Config plan document which will combine the organisation structure of all the modules and once it is signed by the client then you start your configuration in development client.The same is moved to quality client later.Then you will unit testing after all the configuration is over for all the relevant business cycles.Then we will have Power User Training with all the documents we have to prepare. Then we will have Integration Test 1 & 2.Then from clients side User Acceptance Testing will be there. Once we get the sign off then we plan for data migration activities.

In production support what all the configuration changes related to SD has to be done by the concerned consultant. It is done development client then moved to quality client.We have to prepare the test documents and UAT documents for the user to test and once we get the approval for UAT the same is moved to Production.

On the first day of work most of the companies will have lot of formalities to be completed.Like your Network id creation, Applying for Access card and introduction to your team and briefing about the project.Then some documents will be given which is related to the project to read.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when the configuration is done in the development client while doing the production support, who moves the data from development to quality and to production is that basis person job, or sd, if sd could you please direct me to a uta document sample and how the data is moved from one client to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely the Basis person usually from the clients side will move the requests between servers (or clients). Your job as the SD consultant is to create the request and have it ready.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There will be a intermediate system which is attached to the SAP. say example TRP - transport req procedure.

In this system the procedure we should follow.

1. configured the setting which in turn create a trp request no.

2. there will be a template which have a follwoing things

a. Transport request no.

b. Transaport request description.

c.which system to which system we need to send.

d.client independent or client dependent.

e.approval of team lead or module lead.

so once we save the templete.

3. basis consultant will have a batch job which will run for every 5 hours every day.

4. once it is done automatically we will get a mail say the transport request is sent with out any errors.

5. we have to check the configuration in the sent system.

reward point for both answers

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey just wondering what would like the men path to go to the trp programmed were we can have a template set or may be already set by the company your answer can save an embarrassment in front of the lead & also uta document, i am wondering if some how i get to see an sample of it or at least an detail as to what it usually looks like.

thank you for all the response

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok found the sample of UTA document online, now just the trp.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the time of cut over date when given to client in point of SD you have to ask them all open sales orders, open billing and open deliveries before going live then all these data has to be uploaded in to system.

bye

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go live cut over plan,

1. ensure that all the config setting are there in production systems.

2. all the approvals got from the user.

3. end user training and documentation is done.

4.mainly cycle zero activities are done in the production system.

5. confirmation of how long we are going to support to the user.

if it help please reward points

Thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Please find below the expected reply (my point of vew):

1. Before cut off date :

-

Unit testing

-

Integration testing

-

User Acceptance testing

After cut-off date:

-

System Integration Testing

-

Regression Testing

2. Production Support :

The changes has to be first done in Development (not at all in Quality) and then for User Testing with more data in Quality Client and once it get approve then only to Production Client.

3.Experiance Consultant will first study the Business Blue Print of the system and he will do the system study and then proceed further.

Hope now your query is answer.

Cheers !!!

Imzo