Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I debug Script from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Very Good afternoon!

How can I debug a script from which is configured with the Tcode Va01/Va02/ va03.

MY client have an issue to see the print preview directly from the Tcode. They create a SAles order with reference to order type and then assign a Partner. So that they will be able to access the Print preview from the T-code SP02 (Sppol Request)

I have activated the debugger for the Script from. Let me know if there is any way that I can debug this script from. So that, I can test if the data is passing correctly in teh Text Element or not.

Any suggestions would be apprecaited!

Regards,

Kittu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your response..

Regards,

Kittu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way is se71->utilities->activate debugger.

This may be a time consuming process,instead use program RSTXDBUG.

advantage of using this program: when a developer works in the

support environment and the client requests to makes some changes to a form,

but doesn't know which form, he can just show the form output and request for changes.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Vijay Duvvada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kittu,

U can activate debugger for Script in SE71. Then u just run the print program, in ur case u run any of the transactions Va01/Va02/ va03. Then, ask for the test data. i.e we should know how the client executes the transaction to get the print preview of the form.

If u proceed in the same way, u will be navigated to the Script debugger. But, don't forget to activate the debugger in SE71.

Hope this would be useful for you. Let me know in case of any further issues.

Don't forget to reward points, if this is useful.

Phaniram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is SAPScript that is printing the form, go to SE71 and in the menu click on Activate debugging and then print the document from VA01/02 etc.

If it is SmartForms, goto trxn SmartForms and put a break point anywhere in the source for the relevant Smartform.

You can find the output type in VA01/02, from Messages in menu. Once you find the output type configured for the printing, then you can see which form name is configured for it in transaction NACE under "Condition type" or "Output type"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE71 and open the layout desired. Select menu Utilities -> Activate Debugger or execute the ABAP Program 'RSTXDBUG'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To debug SAP SCRIPT

in SE71

menu system -- > utilities --> debug abap

Regards,

Anirban