cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To Idoc Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing a file to Idoc scenario. I have chosen delete to be the processing mode in file channel. When i post any file the files are not getting deleted but when i see moni the process is successful.wat is the problem here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi malini,

check if the user/password that is in the communication channel has the appropriate rights to delete iles on FTP

Regards, Mario

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It is authorization problem, get proper authorization and check it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the directory where you are putting the test file is granted for read/write/delete permissions.

Secondly check the file also, if it is not in Read-Only Mode after you put it into source directory.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nw delete mode is working fine as i changed the permission of the folder but wen i try to archive i'm gettin the following error in comm channel monitoring "Could not archive file '/local/data/temp/xxx.XML' after processing".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You shld have the proper authorizations on that particular folder while deleting or Archiving.

like Read/Write/Delete

Check this on how to Archiving Msg's on Adapter Engine

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/2f/88084136b5f423e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Check this on how to Archiving & Deleting messages From MONI

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do u have write permission on the archive directory /local/data/temp

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't poll a file from the ftp server and archive it to the same ftp server. It wont work and it will throw an error that connection polling will not be established.

So either try with the NFS option for source with proper authorizations to read/write/delete and archive directory or

try to have the source directory as FTP and archive as NFS.

This should work.

Reward Points

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Jul 30, 2008 1:34 PM

ParvathyS_SAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check whether the user id you specified in the communication channel have enough authorization to perform the deletion task..

Regards,

Parvathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you have the rights (Authorization ) to delete the files from that Specified Folder location or not

Check with the Network Admin for the same

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the given source file location path and source file name is same as what is specified in sender communication channel. Then check if the Adapter status is Active in the sender file communication channel.

Using the below URL we can monitor the sender file communication channel status (File Adapter) in Adapter Monitoring.

http://<hostname>:<J2EE Stack Portnumber>/mdt/amtServlet

(ii) Error scenario - File is picked successfully from the given source path but is not getting converted to xml format, The adapter monitoring shows success but no messages in SXMB_MONI.. (This occurs when the file is a fixed length or comma delimited or tab delimited).

The problem could be that file structure lengths and datatype structure lengths in IR are not same. If both structures are same and still if the file is not getting converted into xml format then the problem could be in File Content Conversion (FCC). FCC parameters might not be configured correctly in sender file communication channel.

Regards,

Surya