cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

While adding stocks i am geeting an error message thatb " Posting only possible in periods 2008/07 and 2008/06 in company code 9999 "

I tried all the dates option , but i was unsuccessfull .

Please tell me how to open the posting period .

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the fiscal year variant which is assigned to your company code. If it is K4, your posting period is correct. If it is V3, the posting period should be 04/2008.

SPRO--> Finacial Accounting --> Global settings --> select your company code --> Details. Check the fiscal year variant assigned. If it is V3 then change it to K4, it should work.

Note: Please change the settings if it is your personnel system.

Prase

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check for the Fi and MM posting periods.

For Fi periods, you can check it in OMSY. If the months are old you can close them using MMPV.

For MM periods, You can try using the OMWW wizard or OMWD where you have to assign the valuation group to the plant.

Regards,

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OMSY and check the current period for your Comp code..

Then - MMPV trx..

Enter Comp code, period & year..

Here you need to enter the period you wants to open..

Ex: The Current period in OMSY is 10,2007

Then you need to enter period 11 & year 2007 in MMPV.

So, that period 10 will be closed & Period 11 will be opened automatically..

Like that you need to close the periods one by one till the period you want to post.

Before closing posting period or opening new period, you must be careful that all the transaction related are posted.Once you close period in MM side , its difficult to open again.So must ensure that all transactions like example GR, IR,are posted.In MM side you can check which period is open and back posting allowed or not in MMRV and you can do open new period in MMPV.If u want only one period is open and back posting not allowed ,do the setting(Check box) in MMRV.

You have a control in FI side in OB52.

Thanks,

Raja

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai check transactons MMPV and MMRV

Reward IF useful

Regards

Raja