cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog publication issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had issue publishing my procurement catalog. In the log there are some error messages:

Error in search index update; discarding existing changes

Error in search index update; discarding existing changes

Catalog update was terminated

And the publication seemed to fail. Anybody knows what can cause this error?

Before publication I uploaded a new supplier catalog content file, but the file doesn't have problem...

Thanks and Regards,

Elly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like you have not created index for your RFC destination correctly

Go to SE38 in your system and run this program TREX_RFC_CREATE_INDEX.

Select your RFC destination for the field RFC_DEST and create an index successfully.

Go to SPRO --> Cross appln components --> Cross appln settings --> Specify settings for publishing catalogs and verify your config.

This is what SAP says for this config.

"The appropriate package size depends on the capacity of the application server that you are using for SAP Catalog Authoring Tool. The larger the application server memory, the greater the maximum package size that the server can process. However, we recommend that you enter a value between 1000 and 10000 in the Package Size field"

Best regards,

Sridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your response. This issue is now happening to my another procurement catalog.

I haven't tried the program TREX_RFC_CREATE_INDEX yet, as I don't know whether I know correct values to each field. When I excute this program in SE38, on the screen, besides RFC_DEST, there are also many other fields. Shall I just select the RFC destination (BTW, the RFC destination value is the one defined in SPRO, right?) and leave other fields as default, and run this program?

From SPRO --> Cross appln components --> SAP Catalog Authoring Tool --> Specify settings for publishing catalogs, I can see the config is 5000, within the number range SAP described...

Thanks and Regards,

Elly

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marking this issue as 'answered' as rebooting my server worked for me...

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elly,

As the issue is then resolved, please mark the question as answered so the thread can be closed off.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'd like to update this issue. Yesterday evening my BASIS team rebooted the CCM server. After that, I was able to publish my catalog successfully...

Hi Jason,

Since after rebooting server, I was able to publish my catalog, I haven't got a chance to try your new instruction. But really appreciate your reply. I'll try this if I have same issue next time.

Thanks and Regards,

Elly

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elly,

Is this the first time the catalog has ever been published? Judging by the error I would say not. My sugegstion is to check the index in report /CCM/CHECK_TREX, if it is yellow or red, there is a problem. Drill into the index to get more details on the issue .... if the problem is that the index cannot be found, then delete the index from this report and either a) generate a new FULL publication or b) use the report as indicated to you in a previous response (i.e. the TREX_RFC_CREATE_INDEX report)

I would recommend to use the full publication option though through report /CCM/PE_START_REG_PUBLICATION as a background job, just fill the catlaog id and the type of publishing required (i.e. 1, FULL) then execute in background. This will regenerate the indexes as well as execute any rules and build any views you may also have.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

You are correct, this is not first time the catalog has been published. And now I found my another procurement catalog has same issue.

I checked the report /CCM/CHECK_TREX, but I don't see yellow or red. I wanted to try to delete the index of my procurement catalog, but I don't see deletion option available for me. How can I delete an index?

Then I just tried to use the report /CCM/PE_START_REG_PUBLICATION as a background job, following your instruction. But I don't see any difference after that. Is it because I must delete the existing index and then to use this report?

Regards,

Elly

Edited by: Elly Gao on Aug 5, 2008 9:04 AM

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elly,

Yes - to regenerate the new index the first one must be deleted, in the report /CCM/CHECK_TREX drill into the index id and then up in the upper left hand side of the screen you will see the delete (trash can) icon.

However - firstly you can use the regenerate_index report with the index as displayed in the /CCM/CHECK_TREX report or use the index directly from table /CCM/D_IDX_META. You can also try report /CCM/RECREATE_INDEX which only has inputs of process (SE) and catalog id.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is mainly due to insufficient disk space allocated in the TREX server. Please ask your Basis Team to increase the storage space in the TREX server.

Regards

Kathirvel