Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Logon Language after logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to change logon language value after logon.

I logon system with language 'EN'. I want to change SYST-LANGU value to 'KO', 'JP', or etc so i want that every text will be shown in changed language. Menu Text, Heading or etc.

I tried to change SYST-LANGU field value in Program. But it was temporary within running program.

MOVE : '3' TO SY-LANGU.

MOVE : '3' TO SYST-LANGU.

I just want to change logon language.

where is logon language information of user storaged in?

thanks

Seunglyong.lee

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

SY-LANGU is set when you log in and will always be as long as you are logged in. You can change SY-LANGU, but I believe that when the next line of code is executed it will again be set back to the log in langauge.

I really don't think that you can do what you want. If you can, I'll really like to see it.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

NO you cannot change it.. like Rich mentioned, some of the SYST variables are set to their original value in the next line of execution.. SY-UNAME is another.. you can see it for yourself in de-bug mode..

Suresh

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is possible to change sy-langu

via

ABAP command

set locale language p_langu.

i.e logon in EN but sy-langu to DE

Check SAP Help for more detail

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for this. Amazing what one can learn after years of thinking it's impossible. Very useful in environments (like SAP Portal) where the portal language is not what you want in your application!