cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decide when to use Proxies with Web Services or file to IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on XI PI and would like to create our standard about what scenarios qualify for using Reverse Proxy with Web Services, using File to IDOCs and using Reverse Proxies.

I have searched but have come with nothing concrete reagrding how to decide.

I know it all depends on the business requirements.

However, we want to give these scenarios as generaic colutions to our customers so that we follow a consistent appoach towards any external customer accessing our XI system and future interface developments.

Could you please guide me in the right direction as I have to create this stsndard?

Thanks and Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually if u have standard idocs available to you and async communication is required, then idoc is preferred over proxy.

However, for scenario involving sync communication or involvement of attchments, proxy is preferred over idoc.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. If you have bulk data updation we can choose proxies for fast transactions.

2. If client wants secure data transmission with webservice we can choose webservice i.e SOAP adapter

3. legacy to R3 communication generally will choose IDOC or RFC depeding on requirement.

I hope will clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am bit not clear reading overall but ,

as u said external Customer u like to Use XI , exposing u r Outbound Interface as Webservice would be best option.U can give u r client the WSDL file, using that they can trigger particular scenario.\

This is Sender Side : SOAP Sender Adapter.

Now Receiver Side : R/3 Backend System

Proxies can be used (Need ABAP Coding) / or u can use RFC Adapter (If u have std one : Less time)

IDOC Std : Less time.

If u have to develop custom one then it's u r choice which one to use.

but to move lot more chunks of data proxies are said to be best.

hope this is helpful

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

As you have mentioned in your post, its really depends on the Business requirments.

but below link may help you to atleast consolidate an approach towards the usage of IDOCs and Proxies.

Choose the Right Adapter to integrate with SAP systems

Check below threads which talks about selection between IDOC or Proxy:

Thanks

Swarup