cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we automate the transaction MDMGX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we automate the process of MDMGX lookup table data extraction?

i knew we can do for MDM_CLNT_EXTR for main table data.

Thanks,

Sonali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

When you extract data from using MDMGX you are actually running report program MDM_GENERIC_EXTRACTOR . You can schedule to run this report as per you requirement (Like MDM_CLNT_EXTR).

This way you can automate the extraction process of MDMGX.

Reward if helpful.

Regards,

Abhijeet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

by using the report MDM_GENERIC_EXTRACTOR, we can schedule the transaction MDMGX ?

does this report run for all lookup tables.

excuse me if my questions are very basic.

Sonali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

MDMGX is common platform for running programs e.g defining object, def object repo etc.

But if you can see Start extraction option actually runs MDM_GENERIC_EXTRACTOR in backend.

So you can schedule to run it as per your requirement.

Now abt ur Q'n , yes it works for all lookup tables. (provided that u have given corresponding ports in Port name(code) option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

Can we automate the process of MDMGX lookup table data extraction?

i knew we can do for MDM_CLNT_EXTR for main table data

If by automation you mean that the file should be automatically extracted and placed in the Ready folder, then yes it is possible through the MDMGX transaction. But the transaction needs to run everytime you want any extraction.

Kindly go through the link below for complete info on MDMGX:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

Hope it helps.

*Kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

As far as I know ,I dont think we have any feature like automation of MDMGX.Yes you can ofcourse upload the files

directly into the FTP enabled folder and then have it automatically imported into MDM.

You can always refer to the below link.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Mean to say.

When ever a change is made in lookup table data of ECC. it should trigger this transaction and send to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonali,

So like your requirement is for triggering of delta loads of reference data into MDM.

I dont think that is possible with MDMGX.

Whenever there is a change in the loop up tables data you will have to run the transaction once again and further upload it in MDM.

But in MDM you can have an option of skip and create.

Use skip to skip the existing data and create to pull the new data into MDM while importing.

Thanks,

Minaz