cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiscal year Variant related issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported a weekly fiscal year variant ZW from R/3 to APO.

The periods are maintained for 2007.

I can see the correspondning entries in T009B as well.

However when i try to initialise my planning area whose storage bucket profile has this weekly variant,

it gives me an error "Period XXX is invalid for Period type P and Variant ZW".

Also when i execute the FM "FIRST_DAY_IN_PERIOD_GET" for any period in 2007 for FY variant ZW,

i get an error "Fiscal year variant ZW is not maintained for the year 2007" with an exception "T009B_NOTFOUND".

Can somebody please help me?

I am stuck!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anuradha,

u imported FY Varient frm R/s to APO....have u checked this FY varnt ? i mean how many years its having...

as per u its only for 2007..so add one more year i.e. 2006 or 2008...it is beeter to have 5 year..

make sure ur Storage Bucket Profile should have atleat 2 year span...

now u can initialize the Planning Area.

might be this will help u..

Rajesh Patil

SPINNOVATION

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has perfectly solved my problem.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Could you please explain how it works?

I think Fiscal year variants have to be created in APO. If I am wrong please correct me.

Could you tell how the associaiton of Fiscal year varaitn to Storage bucket profile works. As fiscal year variant is a very important configuration I just wanted to know little more details behind the screens.

Thanks

My

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you look at the storage bucket profile, you would have used the "Posting period" as one of the periodicity and used a fiscal year variant (eg. Z1). The fiscal year variant has to be defined for the years spanning the start date and the end date in the storage bucket profile. Also, when initializing the planning area, the time period should fall within this period.

Regards,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anu,

u can import Fiscal Year Varient from R/3 and also can create in APO too..no issues..it depends upon the bussin requirement..

Why ? FYV--Fiscal yr varient is used when the Financial yr starts from April...end to March.

Sap APO is having only Calender yr/week/day...STD...no FYV...

Storage Bucket profile ---stores the Data...for a given period...

while crating SBF - Choose Posting Period -P --FYV and Start Date ---End Date Ex. 01.04.2004 - 31.03.2010.

in a Year u can create many posting period...i.e. more than 12