cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Backend Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a fully functioning MAU application and everything is running fine.

Now due to some reasons, we have to change the backend client, from say xyz to abc. Everything else is to remain the same.

Now What I want to know is - What is the best approach to be followed in this case?

What is the sequence and steps to be folllowed so as to minimize conflicts in middleware or at the client level.

Waiting for your replies.

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, I never have done that - so lets come from the theoretical side....

If you change the backend, most likely all R/3 keays of the objects in the backend are different, even the objects are the same. If you have a different object set it will make it even worse.

If that is the case, I guess it is the best thing to empty the complete Replica DB like MEREP_207 on the middleware and run the replicators again. Then do a client reset on all clients and let them sync. Test it first, but most likely this should be the solution with the least impact.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly tell me the transaction to clear the RDB completely for downloading fresh data from the Backend.

Thanks.

Regards,

Abhivyakti

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhivyakti,

you can use function module MEREP_RDB_T01_RESET where scenario will be a syncBo name.

All T01/T51s can be reset in this way.

However, you have to consider extra steps if you use server-driven SyncBos - f.e. ensure that there is no keys in merep_deltabo table before you switch SyncBos from one backend to the other.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Larissa.

Regards,

Abhivyakti