cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DI Server or DI Api which one should use to work with ASP.Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

Can you share your experience, regarding this?

Few of my quires:----

1. What do you use DI Api or DI Server to work with ASP.Net?

2. Have you used BachInteract method, in a real life problem scenario? (means at the time of handle Master & Detail scenario)

3. How you handle / used UDO ?

4. If you used DI Server, what is best way to handle DI Server, by which we can take care of any problem?

Note:

1. Using both the DI Api & DI Server, I can login to B1, from ASP.Net. (from B1 2005 as well as B1 2007 also).

2. Currently I am using .Net 2005 , B1 2007 , SQL Server 2005.

Waiting for your positive reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhajyoti Ghosh

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Jul 30, 2008 10:25 AM

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Jul 30, 2008 10:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubhajyoti Ghosh,

As ur woking with SAP B1 2007 u can use the B1WS (webservices).

And check his link [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/a0915b47-ef89-2a10-91a5-b22649e5cfab ]

Award Points if helpful.

Regards,

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Thanks for your reply, But the basic problem here, to using Web Service : -

1. Slow down the application performance.

2. Really here is no such use of web service, unless you want to expose your ( SAP Business logic) Business logic to 3rd party application.

3. You can found from SAP B1 SDK Help, that they are invoked DI Server from Web Service, and then user Web Service from Web Service client application (Either Web / Windows). It is a way to invoke DI Server. But, withing the application, Their is no such need to invoke DI Server from Web Service. (Unless you have a strong reason to do that).

In My case, Their is no reason to Invoke DI Server from Web Service.

By the way, whether you use web service or not, that's not the issue here. My responsibility to build .Net Assembly Layer (Dlls), to invoke DI Server or DI Api (if the License not an issue). And provide some facility to Client Programmer / Front end Developer. Whether he / she call my dll, to communicating with B1 via DI Server or DI APi , without knowing of B1 knowledge.

Architecture

==============

SAP B1

↑

↓

DI Server / DI APi ( Decision making point)

↑

↓

Client Application <b>(</b>_Assembly Layer_ <b>{</b>Business Objects.., e.t.c <b>}</b> &larr;&rarr; Presentation Layer <b>)</b>

*_Assembly Layer_ Invoke SOAP response from DI Server and return .Net object to Presentation Layer

I try to explain my self, what I want to do.

Can you please tell me. Few things. I want to under stand. Common XML Structure. To Add, Edit, Delete like operation for any object. via DI Server. How I do that?

If you used BachIntetact Method , Can you please provide me any example.

I found DI Server not much user friendly, to perform any operation. Becoz of the SOAP message invoking concept.

But DI Api, is handle any kind of operation. Without, much tress. Can I used DI Api directly. Without using DI Server Interface?

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhajyoti Ghosh

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Shubhajyoti Ghosh,

With regards to your questions ...

Can you please tell me. Few things. I want to under stand. Common XML Structure. To Add, Edit, Delete like operation for any object. via DI Server. How I do that?

This information is documented in the SAP Business One SDK Help Center documentation that comes with the SDK. Please review this.

If you used BachIntetact Method , Can you please provide me any example.

There is information again in the SDK Help Center documentation and sample code for the DI Server that comes with the SDK at ... \Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One SDK\Samples\DI Server.

But DI Api, is handle any kind of operation. Without, much tress. Can I used DI Api directly. Without using DI Server Interface?

The DI Server is a wrapper around the DI API which is at the core of the DI Server. This is explained in the SDK Help documentation. If you need to use SOAP messages ... you would use the DI Server. Other than that ... you can probably use the DI API without issue. The DI API and the DI Server are seperate components. The DI API can be used without the DI Server. You would need to look at licensing costs based on what you application needs to do between the DI Server and the DI API as they have different licensing models.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

Thanks for your information. Able to get the XML Structure from Business Object Template.

To Build Common Method for all the object I break into 3 method

AddObject() method for all the object

UpdateObject() method for all the object --- (Only difference is that from AddObject: = QueryParams)

Remove() & Cancel() & Close() object's XML structure is pretty much similar for all the object (Difference = Child Element of the QueryParams is difference). If I am not wrong.

By the way I can't found any BachInteraction() method implemented within the SDK project.

Can you please tell me one thing of the usages of DI Api directly, Such as when I login from SAP Client using manager / manager after two login, SAP by default restrict me to login using same UID & PWD.

But the same thing when I Create my Separate Application to Login to SAP and do some Work, Then SAP doesn't restrict me to login using same UID & PWD, multiple time. (multiple > 2), Simultaneously. means more than two people can login into SAP Database, using same UID & PWD (like: manager/manager). I am not using DI Server in this time. Work with DI Api directly.

It is confusing for me. Why this things Happen?

Thanks & Regards,

Shubha

Answers (0)