cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting the messages which are in 'To Be Delivered' Status from RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to delete the messages which are in 'To Be Delivered' status from RWB. Due to some business reasons, the records have been re pushed. Now Business want's to delete the existing ones which are in 'To Be Delivered'. I tried to delete the messages from RWW directly but not succeded getting error 'Unable to cancel 1 of 1 messages; update the status'. Kindly suggest how can I delete them as they may impact other interfaces performance.

Points will be rewared.

Thanks in Advance,

Jitender

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

As you specified that the messages are in AE, we can't delete

it if it is in status "To be delivered".

We can only delete those messages in AE that has either the status FAILED or DELIVERED.

To do this, we need to make specifications in the Runtime Workbench.

Also refer :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Shibani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As I mentioned, the records have been re pushed via the interface and we have nothing to do with the messages which are in 'To Be Delived' status. The only thing we should do is, we need to cancel the messages, but unfortunately, the following error message is coming while cancelling it in RWB.

'Unable to cancel 1 of 1 messages; update the status'

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

All thanks for response.

I could move forward in this. The audit log in AE shows error but the messages are still in 'To Be Delivered'. This is where I am still getting confused. Though these msg may not impact in any manner, I am curious to know why the messages are still lying the 'To Be Delivered' status.

Your comments will be appreciated in this regards.

Thanks,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RWB --> Message monitoring --> Display AE --> Sent message from here which are of "to be delivered state"

refresh u can see message get's processed.

after this run u r scenario

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jitender,

Message to be deliver means that the message is sitting in the queue waiting to be processed.

In most situations, when this happens and stays there for a long time is because 1st message is the queue is being held up by an error.

What you can do is in SXI_MONITOR, scroll to the right until you see the queue name. Double-click on the queue name, which will take you to the queue where the message resides. You should see the number of messages in the queue and the status of the 1st message. You can restart the error'd message or delete it (which is not recommended).

"To Be delivered" status is a temporary status and I am pretty much sure that you can NOT delete them.

Messages are archived and then deleted from system

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kummari,

Thanks for prompt response.

Here our problem is, the records have been re pushed from sap to other system via XI to assuming that the first attempt got stuck in XI. As the second push is successful now, we have nothing to do with the first attempt where the 6 messages lying in 'To Be Delivered' Status. Now only option we are left with this, cancelling them.

There is no error record for the first message and after those 6 messages, the interface is working fine later.

Kindly let me know the process to delete them / cancel them from AE.

Thanks,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>let me know the process to delete them / cancel them from AE.

The steps are same...only from RWB you can cancel the messages you cannot delete it.

If you are not able to cancel it then take help from Basis folks. It might be possible the moment you sent your message the adapter services were down.

Also first check whether there is/are any message in status "System Error" for that interface. if yes then do cancel it.

Did you tried to Resend the messages that were in To be Delivered status?

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go throgh this link, it may help you

Regards,

Sridhar goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be delivered status for IE messages or AE messages?

Thanks

farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farook,

Thanks for the prompt response.

The messages are in AE.

Please let me know how can I delete them.

Thanks,

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No in that case you cannot delete the message. Instead of deleting you can Cancel it only...cancellation does mean the message gets deleted, it just stop the processing of message.

Try to check an option of Message Editing, if applicable you can Edit the payload and send it again( Resent from RWB)

Thanks

Farooq