Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table that stores User Master Data info

GinaCiuca
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can someone tell me the table name that stores the email addresses and phone numbers maintained in user master record (SU01)? I need to generate a list of users with this info.

A quick answer will be very appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gina,

Phonenumbers are in table ADR2, e-mail is in ADR6.

The relation user-ID/Adress-/Personalnumber can be found in table USR21.

A more convenient way to select those informations is by using the standard bapi bapi_user_get-detail.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Could you please let me know how I can get the details from "bapi_user_get-detail" .

I have not used txn BAPI. Now I executed it. I see two tab strips "Alphabetical" and "Hierarchical". I selected "Alphabetical" and traversed till the USER, Expanded and found the "GetDetail" method.

Here I have checked that there is this function module "BAPI_ADDRESSORG_GETDETAIL"

I did a test thru SE37 and It was asking about:

OBJ_TYPE

OBJ_ID

OBJ_ID_EXT

CONTEXT

I have provided the USER, <user name> in first two fields and did not get any results.

Please let me know how to get the details.

Regards,

Srihari

PS: the CONTEXT was 0001 (default). Also please let me know if I have to get the details for n number of users.

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Jul 30, 2008 2:07 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

in TX BAPI: expand Basis components>Security>USER>Get Detail to find the technical background of the bapis.

To execute the bapi, simply start it in SE37 (with 'F8').

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

That is what i have done. My question was:

If i have to check the details for more than 1 user, what are the inputs i have to give?

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why cant we go with SUIM -> User -> User by Address data

Regards,

N.Amarnath

0 Kudos

You could easily create a small program (ABAP) which calls the BAPI; this would allow you to loop on USR02, call the BAPI for all occurrences, then display the results... or you could go the way via USR21 to ADR6:

data: w_bname type XUBNAME,

w_email type ADR6-SMTP_ADDR.

select BNAME from USR02 into w_bname.

select single * from USR21 where BNAME = w_bname.

select single SMTP_ADDR into w_email from ADR6 where PERSNUMBER = USR21-PERSNUMBER and ADDRNUMBER = USR21-ADDRNUMBER.

endselect.

There are almost endless possibilities. This is what makes development so creative and fun, instead of resorting to standard SAP solutions like SUIM... ))

0 Kudos

Thank you for the steps, but I don't have this access either. SUIM doesn't display this info unless you hit the Details button for each record, so it doesn't help when you need to generate a large list of users

0 Kudos

> SUIM doesn't display this info unless you hit the Details button for each record, so it doesn't help when you need to generate a large list of users.

You might want to reconsider that after reading [this thread|; , particularly the posts at the bottom of it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hello Julius,

I can see the Extension but not the Telephone and E-mail data in u2018Users by Address Datau2019 report within SUIM. I checked the thread that you are referring to and I am not sure if I am missing something.

Thank you, G.

0 Kudos

There are two fields, one is "extention", another is "telephone".

Run report RSUSR002 for the list of users, then select "Change Layout" (Ctrl + F8) and add the fields you want.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thank you Julius.

The Extension and Telephone are available in this report, only the E-mail is not

GinaCiuca
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Bernhard!

I have no access to SM37 or to create query in prod, but I exported the tables and I'll merge the data.