Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parent child relationship's

molakalasasikan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

how does the system accommodate the linking of multiple child elements to a single parent element by type. For instance, a customer may have multiple addresses with each address having a type or role

and

how does the system accommodate the linking of multiple child elements to multiple parent element by type. For instance, a customer may be a joint venture with two parents

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MDM Relationships can be maintained in two ways:

1. Using Qualified tables

2. Using Relationship table

Qualified Table:

When there exits one-to-many relationship i.e. say one employee can be a part of many departments then in such case we store department information in separate table(qualified) and employee information in main table. Each employee record i.e. main table record can be associated with multiple departments i.e. qualified table record.

Relationship Table:

MDM supports two types of relationships Sibling-Sibling and Parent-Child.

Say we are storing Computer and its parts in the main table i.e. Products which consists of Monitor, RAM, Hardisk and Computer. Now we can sell the parts individually or computer as a whole. In this case we relate the product Computer with other parts and Computer will be the Parent and other parts will be its childs. This we can maintain in the Relationship table.

Parent-Chaild relationship can be establish among different tables but Sibling-Sibling is allowed for same table only.

Regards,

JItesh Talreja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sasikant,

Relationships table is used to define each of the different record-level relationships. Each relationship can be either bidirectional (sibling) or unidirectional (parent-child). This table is managed in the MDM Console and is not visible in the MDM Client,although the relationships between records can themselves be created and edited in Record mode.

You can refer the link for maintaining the relationships in DM:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/8e/9f9c427055c66ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Go to Repository Maintainance --> Relationship Table

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Go to Record Mode --> Editing relationship

you can refer the thread also mentioned below:

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Reward if found helpful.