cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i work in matching mode, i am getting false results some times,False results might be due to

success,failure scores and High and low thresold scores what i gave in matching strategy.

Is there any rule to define sucess scores,High and low thersold scores?

Please share your knowledge.

Thanks

Narendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Matching is the most important phase when we are trying to remove the duplication among our data.

Some Important Terms and there Functions related to Matching and Merging Mode:

1. Normalization: When we remove the Special Characters as well as the Short forms from our data we say that the data is Normalized and this is used in Transformation technique.

2. Token: When we have to reduce the short forms they are known as Tokens.

3. Score : Score actually helps us to define the Result in the following ways:

u2022 Success : If we find the duplicate fields it shows Success

u2022 Failure : If we do not get any Duplicate field we say it is a Failure

u2022 Undefined : If any of the field contains Null Value we say that it is undefined.

There are two types of Scores also:

u2022 Maximum Score

u2022 Minimum Score

Maximum Score and Minimum Score: The read-only Min Score and Max Score properties are calculated automatically by MDM based on the Success scores of ever matching rule included in the strategy, and allow you to set the values of Low Threshold and High Threshold properties to classify the results.

4.Difference between Equals and Token Equals:

u2022 Equals : Exactly matches the data

u2022 Token Equals: Fuzzy Matches are also considered.

5.Threshold: There are two categories of Threshold:

u2022 High: Records whose total score is greater than or equal to the High threshold score are included in the list of potential matches in the Matches tab and placed in the High match level.

u2022 Low: Records whose total score is greater than or equal to the Low Threshold score are included in the list of potential matches in the Matches tab and placed in the Low match level.

Hope this would be helpful!!!!!!!

If helpful do reward Points!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Parul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A matching strategy executes each of the rules that comprise the strategy during matching execution and calculates a total score for each record based on the score of each of the individual rules, and then uses the threshold scores to determine which records are potential matches for the current record and in which match level they belong:

· High

Records whose total score is greater than or equal to the High Threshold score are included in the list of potential matches in the Matches tab and placed in the High match level.

· Low

Records whose total score is greater than or equal to the Low Threshold score are included in the list of potential matches in the Matches tab and placed in the Low match level.

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan Velamury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

When i work in matching mode, i am getting false results some times,False results might be due to

success,failure scores and High and low thresold scores what i gave in matching strategy.

Is there any rule to define sucess scores,High and low thersold scores?

Please share your knowledge.

Matching strategy is very important in getting the correct result for de-duplication.

You need to be careful while defning rules. Rules are the fields which you feel in your landscape might have potential duplicates. For ex, Names, Address, Date of birth, country etc in a customer landscape will most probabaly have potentail duplicates.

1. You will first of all have to analyze your data and ee in which all fields duplicates are present.

2. Also after analyzing you should be able to know that what kind of duplicates are present and whether some form of transformation will help your cause of finding duplicates effectively.

3. Then there ia an important step of assigning scores to the rules that you will select in the strategy. In my view, the default thresholds are mentioned. Avoid changing them and assign your scores accordingly.

I feel taking all these things into consideration you will get more consistent result after running your matching strategy.

To get additional info, kindly go through the foll link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0677c82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Go to->Matching mode

Hope it helps.

• Kindly reward points if helpful

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Jul 30, 2008 7:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Matching score will come as per the setting you ahve done in the Rules and Strategies

High Threshold: This is the level you must give which will determine that above this level if there is a match then it is a high duplicate.

Low Threshold:Simillarly Low threshold will determine that if the Score is below this value then it is a Low posible duplicate.

Success:This is the percentage you have to give that will determine that if your rule is matching exactly then it will give you the success score you ahve mentioned.

Failure: This is the percentage you give if the Rule does not match.

Undefined: This is the percentage of score you give for a comparision with Null value.

Refer to this thread ,it will give you a clearer understanding on the same

Hope It Helped,

Kindly Reward Points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while defining strategy, under strategy tab, you have Low threshold and High threshold fields.

Mention your required score there.

Hope this helps,

+ An