cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookup Table on Integration Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In my BPM I need to do a lookup on a table residing on the same Integration Server. What is the best approach ?

Will this be a RFC lookup with a RFC_Receiver channel or is there another way...

My current solution is not calling the RFC..the BPM just dies when it reaches the Synch Send step to invoke the RFC call to the IS...

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

R u accessing table from the same client as the integration server ? ABAP proxies can not be used on the same client , for RFC calls I am not sure but if possible try changing the client !!

What error / message u r gettting in BPM when trying to do RFC look up in integration server?

Reagards;

Keith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to go for RFC lookup and avoid it in BPM. Addition of extra steps in BPM leads to performance issues.

>>the BPM just dies when it reaches the Synch Send step to invoke the RFC call to the IS

Can you please elaborate this point?

Thanks

Farooq

Edited by: Farooq Farooqui on Jul 30, 2008 11:31 AM

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Kindly tell if this blog helps..

[|]

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the blog i'm following. However, it doesn't detail the config part.

My problem is that the RFC call is not even done in BPM. When I remove the RFC Send step, then my bpm continues fine. But offcourse I need that RFC call...

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you using send step in RFC for lookup? You should do the look up at mapping time

Former Member
0 Kudos

RFC lookup is the best fit in this scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...and what about an ABAP Proxy ?

The RFC solution is not working well for me. I can;t get it to invoke the RFC call .. Any ideas ?