cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development box to Quality box

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in testing now....we will move to quality in few days.

if we move to quality.....what are the changes we need to do.

we do have Master SLD.we are going with file level transports.we use PI7.0 SP 9

Please let me know what are the changes we need to do.

In

1.SLD: are there any changes we need to do.

2.IR: are there any changes we need to do.

3.ID: do we need to recreate it fully or after importing,just change the Communication channels will do.I am confused here.

4.RWB: such as alerts,and if there are any...

please elaborate it.....please dont give me the links..i do have the blogs with SDN.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PSRK,

You did not want links but I have found these to be of value as I face a similar issue at present.

SLD - You will need to set up Business System Groups and then Maintain Transport Targets. When reading the following links, please remember that we are focussing on the SLD setup and not the physical transfer method. Transfer could be CMS, file import/export or some other means.

Refer to the thread transport Objects in same group in SLD

This thread references the blog Preparation of SLD for Transports Using CMS in XI which is very informative, providing clear examples and is relevant to either a master SLD or multiple SLDu2019s.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa/soa-management....

IR u2013 Move objects to the quality environment. No other change required as this is a logical view.

ID u2013 When the Directory objects are transferred, the source Business Systems will be replaced by the target environment Business Systems. Refer to SLD above.

RWB u2013 Alerts will need to be set up in the new environment via RWB  Alert Configuration. (I do not know of a way to migrate these)

Abap stack - Alert categories (ALRTCATDEF transaction) are transportable. Refer to menu options.

Hope this assists,

Regards,

Mike

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PSRK,

Once you go through the fallowing discussions..

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>> Nope if all business system already there with correct transport target then no change required.

>>>> No

3.ID: do we need to recreate it fully or after importing,just change the Communication channels will do.I am confused here.

>>>> You need to reconfigure all communication channels, if SLD changes are OK then business system will change automatically and in communication channel just filled in correct IP/password etc.

>>>> No change required.. Alert can be transported from ABAP stack.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you have common SLD, then I doubt if you may need any changes on SLD side.

The Business systems you had used will be the same you may use iin Q-Landscape.

---> No changes required, you need to export .tpz file from Development box and have to import it in Q-box

---> Similar to IR, you can transport these objects also. But you may need to do related changes to communication channels, if you will be referring to different Sender systems and Receiver systems.

Then as mentioned in previous posts you may need to maintain those Business systems in SLD also.

--> The Alerts will not be transported....you need to create it as new setup for every box.

Thanks

Swarup