Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Global Properties in URL path of XML Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use global properties to define the URL of XML query:

Globals.ImageFilePath&"SomePath/\File.xml"

but it does not like it. If I put the content of the Globals.ImageFilePath it works fine. What is the synatax for that?

I am using the XML query in a transaction within an image creation action block. When I try to define the URL parameter of the XML file as a link, it is not taken on account, and the image created has no data (it is empty). The URL is taken when defined on the Cofigure Object screen, but there I have the same problem to use the global variable parameter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Vlad

Edited by: Vladimir Baltchev on Jul 29, 2008 11:33 PM

Edited by: Vladimir Baltchev on Jul 29, 2008 11:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

It should be like this:

Globals.ImageFilePath&"SomePath/File.xml"

Always use only forward slash for this.

Thanks,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, guys, It's not it, I put these 2 just for the forum posting, it was missinterpreting //...

The content of the global variable is good, and when I put it as content it works, when I use the global variable it is not working at all. The question is:

Can we use global varables here and if yes, what is the synatx?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You definitely can.

When you use the Global Variable in the link editor and lets say click on "Evaluate Expression" do you get back any error.

If yes, can you post that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned in my first posting, yes, I can put the global variable of the link editor for the URL parameter, it evaluates well, but it is not taken on account by the query, and the image generated is empty. Obviously there is a bug here, so I am trying to find a work around to use the global variable on the Configure Object screen, where the parameter URL is taken by the XML query, but on this screen I can not use the global variable. It works only if I put the content of the global variable.

So, does anybody know if we can use global variables on a Configure Object screen, or on the XML query URL field, and if so, what is the syntax to indicate global variable?

Thanks again,

Vlad

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it evaluates well then did you try using a tracer in your trx to check the exact URL @ runtime?

What version of MII is this?

For the configure object screen try a #Globals.ImageFilePath# .

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thank you, guys. I found the problem. The global variable contained back slashes, it was OK for other action blocks but not for the XML query... It was like that:

servername\sapmnt\ABC\SSS\global\somemorepath\

and the XML query works well just with slashes:

//servername/sapmnt/ABC/SSS/global/somemorepath

So, the answer is closed.

Thanks again,

Vlad

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Do not use both a forward and a backslash in your URL - only use a forward slash /

2) Make certain that the value of Globals.ImageFilePath has a forward slash at the end