cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice output as PDF attachment via email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement wherein an invoice when saved should generate a mail output (external send) with the invoice as a PDF attachment. I have the system set up for external send & scot settings but am stuck up with the PDF attachment. I also have the same requirement for PO output (because I look into both SD and MM). Any help on either of them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

It is possible to do what you request with SAP.

Please read note 191470 - Purchase order as an e-mail.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vidya,

Program RSTXPDFT4(Check T.Code:SE38) is used to convert Output Spool Request No. into PDF format.

I am using above program for converting Invoice into PDF form manually..

Can you please check with your ABAPer whether it can be used automatically while saving Invoice document?

Regards,

Barathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We are at presemt doing this for invoiecs. But the new requirement is that whenever an invoice is saved, it should be sent as an PDF attachment by email in case there is a condition record with transmission medium 5 i.e external send. what you all have suggested is to convert the spool to PDF manually. We have infact written a routine so that whenever an invoice is generated it automatically generates a PDF file and saves it in predefined directory. I am looking for some help wherein a PDF attachment of the invoice is sent by email when saved. I guess it has got to do something with ABAP development wherein the routine should be modified to support this purpose.

Regards,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP-System will not generate any Document in.pdf format.

To do so,

You have to install PDF convertor in to your System and make it as " Set as Default Printer" (Start --> Control Panel --> Printer & Faxes).

Now, when you generate a document and fire 'Print' it will ask for saving it in to .pdf format. Save it.

Now, send this .pdf doc. via SAP-System or outside System.

Best Regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

[External Send - Sending PO by email|http://www.sap-img.com/materials/external-send-sending-po-by-email.htm]:

In order to send PO, your Basis team must configure the system first so that external email can be send out from SAP. If it is not configured, no settings you do on MM will work.

1. You must maintain email address in vendor master data.

2. The same applies to your user master data. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs

to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the

Customizing via the following path:

(SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define Communication Strategy).

As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).

3. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU' and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.

4. In the condition records for the output type (for example, Transaction MN04), use medium '5' (External send).

5. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is not described here, but it must have already been carried out.

6. To be able to display, for example, the e-mail in Outlook, enter PDF as the format in the node.

Regards,

Srilatha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. These settings have already been done. I wanted to know how is the document sent as an PDF attachment. The node in scot has been set for PDF but what other settings are to be done to achieve this ?

Regards,

Vidya