SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail Merchandising - Group functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement of managing our items (articles) at a group level for common maintenance like: cost change, retail price change, promotional maintenance (add group to promo), etc. Groups can be: all the same brand, i.e.: all Tide, or different brands, i.e.: all 2litre drinks (Pepsi and Coke). Any idea what standard functionality can be used to facilitate this type of grouping?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manni,

do I understand you right ?

The main issue here is article master maintenance. And you are looking for some mass maintenance features to maintain process depending fields (pricing, etc) for a group (1-n) of articles ?

Within the current release we provide a F4 search help functionality called 'article list'

In every process where you can have a article range input field, you can use this list of articles.

Some retail functions have special article list support implemented.

In menü -> Logistic -> Retailing -> Master data -> Article Data -> Article -> Article List

Here you can create the lists. Fix or dymanic with a selection parameters.

Go to a range selection for article -> press F4 > Multiple selection -> Help for Article List

For details go to Article list

Or grouping of articles

Regards

Björn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manni,

do I understand you right ?

The main issue here is article master maintenance. And you are looking for some mass maintenance features to maintain process depending fields (pricing, etc) for a group (1-n) of articles ?

Within the current release we provide a F4 search help functionality called 'article list'

In every process where you can have a article range input field, you can use this list of articles.

Some retail functions have special article list support implemented.

In menü -> Logistic -> Retailing -> Master data -> Article Data -> Article -> Article List

Here you can create the lists. Fix or dymanic with a selection parameters.

Go to a range selection for article -> press F4 > Multiple selection -> Help for Article List

For details go to Article list

Or grouping of articles

Regards

Björn

0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Thanks a lot for your response. but it does not solve the problem.

The Group purpose is doing mass maintenance and using it in promotion. Let me give you an example. In a promotion, we have Tide group in which each article has a different price. But equally, by selling one, store receives let's say $0.50. you should be able to do a mass maintenance to change this amount. Meanwhile, the group has a name that should be imported to Promotion Magazine software as to be noted that Tide is on sale and the software works based on group not an individual article.

You could also add a group, which has different articles to a promotion or remove it. You could add or remove articles from a group.

Meanwhile, an article can belong to two or several groups. Another example can be Pepsi which belongs to Pepsi group; but, Pepsi 2Lit can belong to another group, let's say: "2Lit Drink" along with Coke 2lit, ...

So you should be able to do mass maintenance on those articles not necessarily by number range as there might not be a range (maybe just several articles, #1002 and #5634, ... ; as a result, number range can not solve it.)

Regards,

Manni

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manni,

hmm, I'm not sure that I can help you. I willforward the issue tosome colleagues. maybe they know how to handle it.

Regrad

sB